I really want to get one of those Looper Pedals. It seems to me like there are different things called Loopers, so I mean the ones that allow you to stomp on it to record, then stomp on it to stop the recording and loop under your playing.

I think I read somewhere though that they don't work well with high gain amps, and that they clip easily or something like that.

As you can tell, I'm a huge pedal noob and effects noob. I'm using a 5150 with an ISP decimator and thats it. If I got a Boss RC looper or whatever they're called, (Or an equally low-priced one that you think is better,) would it function properly with what I have right now?
Go to Guitar center and try one with a 6505 and see what you think. As long as you run it in the fx loop you should be good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i'd suggest the Boss RC20. great looper, user friendly and it has that b*tchin' red finish :p
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^^expensive though...can also get the RC-2, small stompbox style, 16 mins of recording time, hell of a pedal
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
^^expensive though...can also get the RC-2, small stompbox style, 16 mins of recording time, hell of a pedal

for the extra $70, it's worth it. the RC20 much easier to use in any situation.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
for the extra $70, it's worth it. the RC20 much easier to use in any situation.

jeez only 70 more!? when i got my rc-2 the rc-20 was like 200 more...i gotta look into this
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Thanks, guys. There aren't any 6505's at my local GC, but if I run it in the fx loop, it will function like it should, gain and all?

And am I to assume that if I put it between the guitar and amp, it would just sound atrocious? Or would it not work at all?
Putting in front of the amp won't give you what you want unless all your tone comes from pedals. So you are correct that it must go in the loop. I have a Jamman and it has a level control, so it should be fine.
Oh, also, I have a OneSpot for my ISP... is there anyway for me to buy a small cable or something to use it to power both of the two pedals without having to buy a full daisy chain?
I got a RC-20XL then a little over a month later go an Akai Apc40..
I rarely use my pedal now.. for $50 more you get instant live control of all your pramaters.. the only downside is that its not a pedal and you have to use your hands.. but i'm sure there are ways to hook a pedal up and even without a pedal there are still many ways of doing it live with your hands.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
The Hardwire DL-8 has a 20 second looper built in. It's actually why I bought one. I don't use the looper hardly ever but I like having it there occasionally. Helps out that it's attached to one hell of a delay pedal.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...