I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now, but stopped about a year ago, now just starting up lessons once a week again. Any tips on practicing, like how long, and should I just follow the instruction book, or do scales? I'm so overwhelmed.
Mmkay, I'm gonna do you a big favor and rephrase your question for you:

"Where's the searchbar?"

Answer: upper right corner of the forum page boundary.
OK.....New question. I just bought a new guitar. Aside from the high e breaking with factory strings, it plays good. Do I need a setup? I have a Floyd Rose(licensed) ESP LTD M-103. I know its no where near the best, but I love it. It looks good, no fret buzzing, and my guitar teacher hasn't complained. Any ideas?
Ok, I was just wondering because it was new.**QUESTION**! WITH FLOYD ROSES, IS IT TRUE NOT TO USE ERNIE BALL SLINKY, DUE TO THEIR ELASTICITY?
Quote by DRUMS/GUITAR4ME
Ok, I was just wondering because it was new.**QUESTION**! WITH FLOYD ROSES, IS IT TRUE NOT TO USE ERNIE BALL SLINKY, DUE TO THEIR ELASTICITY?

I have ernie balls in MY MH-103. Infact, I generally swear by those strings.

I've not had a problem.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
If you don't know how to set them up, check the Floyd Rose Setup thread (its stickied). If you still can't get it, ask your teacher, or go to GC and ask them to set it up for you, while you watch.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by DRUMS/GUITAR4ME
What do they do to Floyd's to set up them?

Other than the normal stuff (intonation, action, truss rods, etc.), the biggest part of floyd setups is that they try to get the bridge perfectly even with the body. You have to balance the tension of the strings with the tension of the adjustable springs in the back of the body.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!