Has anyone had this problem before? I have a Schecter Blackjack ATX FR (Floyd rose original) and whenever I dive with the bar and release, ALL strings go a little flat, maybe by 1/4 step or less. When I pull the bar up, the strings go back in tune. Does anyone know how to solve that?
Try tightening the locking nut.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023

this

you have to find the "sweet spot" of how tight to have the nut. too tight, and the nut will creek whenever you dive or pull too far. too loose and the strings don't stay in tune
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
this

you have to find the "sweet spot" of how tight to have the nut. too tight, and the nut will creek whenever you dive or pull too far. too loose and the strings don't stay in tune

Or you strip the damn screw like me.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023

+1, but dont overtighen (i dunno how to spell it, and i dont wanna google it) or the screw holes get ruined.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by sw1ss023
Or you strip the damn screw like me.

This too
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Make sure the trem is level too. And like the guys above said, make sure the locking nuts are down tight enough.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by jbab
I dive with the bar and release, ALL strings go a little flat, maybe by 1/4 step or less. When I pull the bar up, the strings go back in tune. Does anyone know how to solve that?

Actually sounds like you're trem needs lubing. (If the bridge is parallel.)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Everything seems fine, the nut is tight enough, the bridge is well leveled, and the guitar is brand new so I don't think it needs lubing... BTW the G-string gets more out of tune than the others.
Are the string new and still stretching?
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
yes they are... How much time should it take for the strings to be stretched enough? It's annoying to go out of tune after using the whammy only once lol
After a day or so they should be stretched, unless you don't play much.

Hopefully once they are stretched you won't have an issue anymore with staying in tune.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by jbab
yes they are... How much time should it take for the strings to be stretched enough? It's annoying to go out of tune after using the whammy only once lol

Just dump the bar, then pull it back as far as it will go, Rince repeat....(without the rinse part.)

Just do that a couple of times, also... Make sure the nut is putting pressure on the string. With the nut completley tightened, pluck the G string and then put pressure on it on the other side of the nut, if it changes pitch, then it is slipping in the nut, and you need to fix that somehow.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
Just dump the bar, then pull it back as far as it will go, Rince repeat....(without the rinse part.)

Just do that a couple of times, also... Make sure the nut is putting pressure on the string. With the nut completley tightened, pluck the G string and then put pressure on it on the other side of the nut, if it changes pitch, then it is slipping in the nut, and you need to fix that somehow.

That's a very good test Biga...i'll have to remember that one.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
biga's good with this kind of stuff. i should know, i fight crime with him.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I've been dropping the bar for a couple of minutes now and I'm still having the same problem. I suppose lubing my FR could fix the problem of the strings becoming sharp when I pull the bar up, but the G string is still going out of tune all the time.
Either your nut isn't tight enough or you need to tighten the screw that holds the string in its saddle. Can't think of any other reason for your strings to not stay in tune..unless your spring tension is just way out of whack.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Is it just the G string now?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
No, it's still all of the strings, but the G string is worse lol
And you're sure that the bridge is parallel to the body?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
how many springs are attached to your claw in the rear cavity? If your strings aren't still stretching and your nut is ok, it sounds like the claw springs are too loose and not returning to the same position everytime. I would just re-set it up withe heavier springs, or add a spring and dial it in from there. But that is me, you are the only one who knows if you are skilled enough to pull off an entire set-up from scratch. (and I may get flamed for suggesting adding a spring)
Also, make sure there is no actual physical interference between the trem and the body. I have seen this problem on brand new Jacksons before where the arm mount was hanging up in the cavity just enough that it wouldn't completely return to "home" position without a wiggle or a nudge to help it.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
There are three strings attached. And I've made sure that the bridge is parallel and the strings were stretched. But I think you have a point Mike, it looks like the bridge is not going back to its initial position when I pull up.
Lube your trem posts.

Or if it isn't that, the knife-edges could be dulled.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Last edited by biga29 at Sep 6, 2009,
^ yeah. That is where to start the process of elimination.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!