even if someone did make a copy, it wouldn't be up to the same quality.
I doubt anyone would make anything too similar tbh. I'm not saying there isn't, I'm just saying I doubt it.
I would quite like to be proven wrong though...
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Go on ebay, i know a fella used to make bas's in his garage and sell them on ebay and they did look alot like carl thompsons. Also he does play fender jazz bass's from time to time.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
there is someone in the bass forum with a bass similar to a CT - cannot remember their name - but the brand began with an "a" i think
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
antonisi or similiar and casketcreep owns it sosend him a PM.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yes I have an AntonioTsai 5-string Mackerel model, which is actually a copy of a custom design that Carl made someone.

However, I was damn lucky to get it.
I bought it and a custom hard case second hand from a bloke in London for 170 quid altogether, and if you were buying them first have they cost 300 minimum.

If you look up anything to do with AntonioTsai you are sure to get a massive amount of websites slating him for generally being a **** businessman, and somewhat of a con artist.
Alot of items come broken, or not pieced together properly in the first place.
(http://www.chionline.com/Antoniotsai/index.html)
So what I'm basically saying is, buy one at your own risk. Mine is beautiful, I absolutely adore the aesthetics and the tonal range available... but other people might not be so lucky.

Custom luthiers are your best bet really. If you search around eBay enough you will come across some similar ones. I think there was a brand called 'lazerous' or something that made very similar ones.
People like wishbass will make you an instrument to you exact specifications and whatever shape you want.

Alternatively you could do what I'm currently doing and make your own.
Or save up for a long long time and get a second or third hand CT.
One word of advise, avoid anything that comes from Wishensky (Wishbass). Just youtube his basses and you'll understand in a second.

CTs do come up on Ebay or in shops on occasion. Les got his second hand in a shop in Oakland, CA called Leo's (trivia bit!). But expect to drop a few thousand of those filthy lucre for even a used one.
Quote by anarkee
One word of advise, avoid anything that comes from Wishensky (Wishbass). Just youtube his basses and you'll understand in a second.

Hhhmmmmmmm i don't like them "bridges"
Quote by Casketcreep
Just out of interest Tam, has Les put out a restraining order on you yet?

So that's what all that paperwork was about!

Seriously, I went to Leo's once to browse before an appointment and they were more than happy to relate the tale in great detail.
Just for fun....

Remember that even CT will not make a copy of one of his own basses...

Each bass is unique, thats why you buy CT, it's art.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
i youtubed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_u35sHICjE&feature=related

i lol'ed

maybe its just the playing, but my god, thats awful...
Let's not forget he doesn't use actual bridges, gets his wood from salvage yards, sometimes hammers in nails to use as side markers, the string spacing on them can be terrible, and he offers things like frets, a truss rod, or a finish. The frets cost $200. His side markers usually aren't accurate either. Not to mention they sound terrible.

They also have some of the thickest necks known to man.

Also, check this for more examples of why Wishbasses suck. Or this

Also, I liked the time Wishnevsky installed a pickup UPSIDE DOWN!
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 3, 2009,
i saw some other videos, from a guy who had about 5 different models, and he had to do major mods to get them back to how they should have been from the factory, like he had to install a truss rod himself, because he forgot to specify he needed one or something really stupid like that.

i second getting a jazz bass, far more reliable and, by the videos, better sounding.
Quote by anarkee

Also, make sure the one being demoed is stock. One guy even said something like "I will be showing you my collection of wishbasses and the mods I've done to them, because they all require some modification as far as I'm concerned"

This is a guy who says hes a big fan of them. I've heard Squiers that sound better than the stock Wishbasses.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Casketcreep i have a similar guitar but i'm not sure if i should buy it (ebay) the company name is ANTONIOTSAI
October is the month we celebrate Halloween and all things spooky, but please don't try out your zombie master skills by raising many years dead threads. Closing thread.