Page 1 of 3
How many musicians can competently play both guitar and another instrument? 9e.g. piano)
Curious; as we did a survey of our schools music classes and about half of all the students could play guitar and about 90% of them could play something else as well.

(Invalid img)
Guitar and Harmonica.

Shut up, it's an instrument!
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Guitar, bass to back my guitar (but I never record it because of my ****ty bass and lack of mixing knowledge for bass), simple stuff on piano, oh and I can 'play' the programmed drums! XD
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
omg half in our music class it's like 2 out of 30 including me and does playing for about a week then quiting count becuase i played piano for like a week
Originally Posted by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
I know. Les Paul was the first to play both at the same time. Popularized by Bob Dylan. I can play a little harmonica, and I have a giant chromatic mouth harp. I also play ukulele, banjo, paino, and sing. (pity money is great when you are busking with a ukulele and it is raining xD)

(Invalid img)
Guitar, Piano, and Mandolin
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
guitar, bass, drums, almost any stringed instrument to an extent. except harp and sitar. both are crazy hard
Right now at my school everyone's bringing their guitar regardless if their in music class or not. They just bring it to look cool, and its incredibly irritating.

OT: I can also play piano.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
bass, upright bass (there is a HUGE difference, in case you didn't know), guitar, piano, mandolin, drums, tenor sax, bari sax,
hmm i can play : bass, guitar, some drums, trumpet, easy piano stuff. banjo soon. oh and slide if that counts as a different instrument. But i suck at it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Its good to see lots of brass like the trumpet and tuba. I picked up a sax once, but I did better with the bagpipes I played whilst drunk.
Video games...nice (:

(Invalid img)
I play guitar, bass, and the drums.

The reason is becuase it gets easier and easier to understand how music is written with every new insturment you introduce yourself to.

Learning the guitar, then jumping to the piano - You will get to understanding the piano VERY quick if your a guitar player, and learning a bit of the piano will also boost your knowledge of the guitar.

It just works that way, kind of like working your abs

Working your abs = healthier lower back

Standing up straight, and improving your posture = helps tone your abs

Things work in a circle most of the time.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Guitar, Bass, Piano, Vocals, Pretty much any string instument I can pick up, learn some basic stuff very fast.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Trumpet- 7 years
Guitar - 3 Years
Bass - 1 Year.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Guitar, bass, drums, enough keyboards to play Subdivisions by Rush.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Bass... Or i used to. Ive pretty much given up on playing an instrument.
Quote by fishmunky
My fiance told me she had to sleep on the couch a few months back cause i got overly grabby in my sleep.
she was apparently not impressed by unconscious caveman moves
Playing the Didgeridoo (and the trumpet) can cure snoring. So get to it UG community! Stop pissing of your wives during the night by snoring and start pissing them off during the day with loud obnoxious native Aboriginal instruments : )

(Invalid img)
I can play piano and I play the flute extremely well (not bragging, just saying)

Edit: Lol @ all the desperate people listing every instrument they've ever attempted to play once.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 1, 2009,
I can proficiently play both guitar and drums. Most guitarists say they can play bass because they play guitar but I suck horribly at bass, and have dabbled in keyboards but I'm terrible at that too, so just guitar and drums.
I perform with a friend who has played bass for 6 years, and when we busk I sometimes steal his acoustic Ibanez bass off him and he plays guitar. We both can play guitar and bass, but because we have both learnt the separate instruments.

(Invalid img)
I can play Guitar and Ba...
woah, almost called it an instrument, nvm.
Goodness gracious me!
if it was about 12 years ago id say piano. i havent really touched one since so id probably suck at it.
Quote by pacsabbath25
omg half in our music class it's like 2 out of 30 including me and does playing for about a week then quiting count becuase i played piano for like a week

Wut
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Page 1 of 3