Ok, this is kind of hard to describe but on my Epiphone Flying V, all of the strings stay in the nut with no problems except for the High e. What I mean is that halfway through the nut the string comes out and goes to the right so it's halfway in the nut and halfway out...What is causing this? I had to MsPaint a picture because I don't have a good camera to show what I mean.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it doesn't really cause any problems, it still plays completely normal and doesn't cause any buzzing or anything.
are you putting the string into the tuning machine properly? on the high e it should go from the nut to the inside of the tuning machine then out
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
are you putting the string into the tuning machine properly? on the high e it should go from the nut to the inside of the tuning machine then out

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but to me that seems like the only way the string can go into the tuning machine?
Quote by Beebo
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but to me that seems like the only way the string can go into the tuning machine?

i've heard of some people doing it the other way. it's kind of hard to describe.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
i've heard of some people doing it the other way. it's kind of hard to describe.

Hm, well anyway, yeah I know I have the string in the right way and everything. It just looks like the tuner is too far to the right so it pulls the string out of the nut halfway...if that makes sense...

Red bar = nut, blue circle = tuning post. How did you put the string into the tuner, left or right diagram? The left one is the way it's supposed to be.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Yeah that's how it's in there, like I said I knew I had it in the right way, I'm just not sure what's causing it to be pulled out of the nut like that, but not on the low E string. Maybe something to do with being a .9 gauge?