Price really doesn't always have much to do with the quality of an instrument, You can play $1200 guitars that play like crap, and $80 guitars that play like a dream. ( a good dream, not a nightmare .)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
He doesn't seem to know what makes import/USA guitars different...finish, wood, electronics?

Also, Mexican strats seem to have hotter, not weaker tone, dunno why he said that.

Also, his definition of weak pickups....it sounds like he's picking Squire strats for distortion for some reason...

I am in no way a guitar snob, but c'mon, dude...
well hes playing a late 80's squier made in korea those are known for being better quality... does he know this? it really doesnt seem like it.
Squiers kick ass! They can be just as good as a fender...what matters is the guitarist not the guitar.
You do know that MIJ and MIK squiers were actually good, right?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My squier is MOM, Made On Mars.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Pac_man0123
But this guy says the new ones are even better.

Yeeeaaahh...No. The only one I'd consider is the Classic Vibe '50s.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Spowell8787
Squiers kick ass! They can be just as good as a fender...what matters is the guitarist not the guitar.

+1! A good guitar player can work with pretty much any guitar. A guitar doesn't play itself.
I' rather buy a squire to suck with, than a fender to suck with, unless thus squire exceeds $100.
this guy is legit. check out my squier MIKorea strat on my profile, it's the bomb. definitely my favorite guitar.
It's all about feel
You can find gem among sand. I did find a Squier which felt fantastic but missed the chance because of the name, idiot me... The next day it was gone from the shop T.T
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I wouldn't say that a MIJ Squier is amazing, it's only about as good as a Standard MIM if you ask me.

Still, Classic Vibes and Vintage Modifieds are cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Opinions, thats all it is
IMO, ill stick with my LP thnx
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
All guitars are different. They are made of wood, which is a natural material and therefor imperfect. This is why some identical models can feel completely different. Some feel great, others you can't get out of your hands fast enough. This goes for ALL guitars made from wood.

I have a couple squiers that feel and play great. Once you swap in some good pups and elecs the tone can be very good. Once you upgrade the bridge, saddles and nut you can have a great guitar. IMO, my squiers slay most MIM strats I've played. (I have about $200 in each of them). I've played plenty that are horrid as well. I am a fan of the lacquered necks on the classic vibe tele's.

I've also played some not so great MIA strats/teles. But I wouldn't say a squier is better than a MIA. Some yes, maybe, but not too many that's for certain.

The price of a guitar is in no way indicative of the quality of the instrument, period.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by biga29
Price really doesn't always have much to do with the quality of an instrument, You can play $1200 guitars that play like crap, and $80 guitars that play like a dream. ( a good dream, not a nightmare .)

One of Prince's main guitars was a $100 Hohner Telecaster copy.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Well, all Squiers I have played up until the one I just got were horrible but I always thought Fenders no matter where they are made are horrible too so to me it really doesn't make a difference. I just don't like the way they feel, play or sound. I think you can find a Squier that is better than the Fender I find Epis all the time I prefer over Gibson this is why I don't have a lot of Gibsons in my collection. It's a Korean Squier which is the one of the better ones to get. With out playing it myself I have to take the guys word for it. I have seen a lot of bands use Squires and some guys love them. I like my Showmaster I had to do a fret level on it and really take time setting it up but it's a great guitar. Which surprised the hell out of me! Would I put it up against it's Fender equal I am not sure but I would bet it could hold it's own.

John
Power to him. But my opinion differs.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I aprove of this man.

Squier really got their game back up nowadays, The new models are very solid guitars
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H