Well after typing up a damn two paragraph thread I decided to scratch it and keep it simple---

I've been playing bass for over 3 years and I have switched to guitar, I can play guitar pretty well but I need a new one... I am looking for a guitar and it has to be fairly cheap. If it helps, I listen to a lot of Doom Metal (The Sword, Forest of Death) Proggy stuff like Dream Theater, BTBAM, Symphony X, Meshuggah and the like... Mostly metal stuff but not like over-the-top metal... I gotta keep the price around $600.00 hopefully I can get some help paying for it from family, that would be cool......

Thanks,
EricSleepless
search your craigslist man. its your best bet. i ended up getting a 1350$ carvin for 380$. just look for what you want.
Classical Guitarist
Does anybody recommend the ESP LTD F-2E?
or...
The ESP LTD F-250?

trem/stoptail doesn't make a difference to me, used to stop tail wouldn't mind learning to use a trem/whammy.
Last edited by [EricS] at Sep 2, 2009,
[quote="'[EricS"]']Well, if I told you guys I have an employee discount at Guitar Center, will that help too? I gotta get it new. No second hand for me.... Craigslist in my town is DEAD.
well the discount wont help that much. if you bought like a 20,000 dollar guitar then yeah it would shave off like 5k but on a guitar under 500 dont expect more of a discount than the tax. but since you want new check this thing out. im hoping to getit as soon as possible and upgrade it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-MH-50-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo-516688-i1149051.gc

and look into agile guitars. go to : Rondomusic.com

they have great guitars for extremely low prices.
other than that just go to your local guitar center and stay there for like a day and play as many guitars as you can. then pick the one that felt best and buy it.
Classical Guitarist
[quote="'[EricS"]']40% off is the employees discount, free shipping as well.
woah. i thought it was like 15%. oh well.
well since its alot higher i guess you could look into the higher end stuff. hmmmmm. well look at jacksons paul reed smiths , or you could be really cool and trick out a fender strat lol. really tho just play alot of guitars and youll find one youll really like.
Classical Guitarist
Swinging towards a PRS SE Paul Allender , I've played a 10 top custom 24 and a custom 22 double cut and I know I love everything PRS spits out.
I'm going to try out the SE 22, 24, and Paul Allender when I goto GC. I have a while before I get paid to even be able to buy it so. meh.
[quote="'[EricS"]']Swinging towards a PRS SE Paul Allender , I've played a 10 top custom 24 and a custom 22 double cut and I know I love everything PRS spits out.
I'm going to try out the SE 22, 24, and Paul Allender when I goto GC. I have a while before I get paid to even be able to buy it so. meh.
if guitar center dealt with carvin i would tell you go with one of those. but guitar center doesnt so you cant lol. unless you find a used one.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Mayonaise 812
how the hell do you get a 40% employee discount at gc? i think i might apply there...

+1
Then my local gc will actually have an employee who KNOWS what they're talking about.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)