Im thinking about picking up a looping pedal to practice my lead work and to just overall start making up some of my own stuff. IS a looping pedal with the 200 dollars that they are going for? I was looking at the boss, cant remember the model, but roughly 200, red box. any input?
I wouldn't. You can easily download something like tuxguitar and tab out your riff and play along with it over the computer or something like that. No need to spend that kind of money if you don't need it for live play or anything.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
some ofthe newer digital delays have a looping function if your oly doing it riffs at a time i think that would be more useful and affordable then a full on looper. look at dd7 or hardwire
I mean if thats the way you practice then I think it would be good to invest in one sooner or later. Myself, I just jam to whatever I hear on the radio. That way I start to get well-rounded just playing whatever I hear on the radio - whatever it may be
Signatures are too mainstream
i have the rc-2 and i think it was a great investment it rle helps practicing and whatnot just be warned i dont know if it's just me, but i need a seperate distortion pedal if i want to solo over the loop with distortion cause if i turn on the amp distortion it distorts the drums and everything...but yea i would get it
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Quote by Lehoogle714
i have the rc-2 and i think it was a great investment it rle helps practicing and whatnot just be warned i dont know if it's just me, but i need a seperate distortion pedal if i want to solo over the loop with distortion cause if i turn on the amp distortion it distorts the drums and everything...but yea i would get it

+1 - I don't think single loop pedals are worth it since you'll need other things and a good amp to take advantage of it. If you need looping, I would recommend getting a multi-fx pedal with a looper. It's much easier volume management and you can layer different tones. It's also a great tool for silent practicing since you'll can get good quality headphone tone. But you can also plug it into a real amp and get the same results. There are a lot of intricacies with loopers that makes it hard to use as a good practicing device. There are also plenty of backing tracks online.