Okay, I just went and picked up a Spider Valve 212 from a guy off craigslist and now that I am home I cant figure out how the heck to get the volume turned up. It is in mint condition and worked fined when I was playing it at his place, but now that I am home I can't figure out wtf I am suppose to do. Any help please. Sorry for the retarded nature of this question lol.
Well, it is a tube amp.

First of all, make sure its plugged in, if it has a foot switch connected then push it upwards all the way, if not, dont worry about it.

Switch the standby switch on, then wait about 5 minutes.

When switching the standby switch on, a light should come on.

After about 5 minutes, switch the power button on.

If you still dont get any sound, try holding down the tuner button (the "tap" button) becuase the amp may be set to tune.

Still no sound, then your guitar is turned down, so turn it up.

And if all else fails, then your amp is probably broken.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
Well, it is a tube amp.

First of all, make sure its plugged in, if it has a foot switch connected then push it upwards all the way, if not, dont worry about it.

Switch the standby switch on, then wait about 5 minutes.

When switching the standby switch on, a light should come on.

After about 5 minutes, switch the power button on.

If you still dont get any sound, try holding down the tuner button (the "tap" button) becuase the amp may be set to tune.

Still no sound, then your guitar is turned down, so turn it up.

And if all else fails, then your amp is probably broken.

5 minutes? You only need to do it for around 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the amp. That much is extremely unnecessary.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It has to be something I'm not doing with the front panel, If I plug my guitar into the back Power Amp In, it bypasses the spider crap and the volume works. I cranked it so the amp part has to be fine.
Quote by mmolteratx
5 minutes? You only need to do it for around 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the amp. That much is extremely unnecessary.

I dont see why, to be honest every time I plug up to a tube amp if I only wait a minute or so, I can hear the tone get hotter as the minutes go by. If I wait 5 minutes, its already nice and crispy.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by razorback84
The tubes should be glowing an orangish color correct?

Orange & blue are acceptable. If they turn red, turn the amp off immediately. The only exception is some EL84s will have a slight red hue but you'll be able to tell if they go bad.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by razorback84
It has to be something I'm not doing with the front panel, If I plug my guitar into the back Power Amp In, it bypasses the spider crap and the volume works. I cranked it so the amp part has to be fine.

you can plug it in the back?...plz make vid
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Well, I've discovered the problem.... Of course my freaking guitar's battery would die on the day I buy my first tube making me think my new toy was broken before I even got it home. Thanks for the help guys. Retard merit badge for me.
Quote by razorback84
Well, I've discovered the problem.... Of course my freaking guitar's battery would die on the day I buy my first tube making me think my new toy was broken before I even got it home. Thanks for the help guys. Retard merit badge for me.

what are the fuking odds?

go play the lotto.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
you need to inform me about pluggin straight into the power amp!!!
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way