so i've had my guitar on craigslist for 325 for awhile. its a mexi hss strat. it just hasnt been doing it for me.

someone offered me a epi dot studio, or a epi sg standard.

im really interested in the studio dot. some questions though

1. is this a total rip off?
2. does the dot studio handle lassic rock and some higher gain stuff fairly well?
3. how is the quallity in general on it?
4. how is sustain? that is one thingi hate on my strat

5... is the sg standard a g400 or what?
I can't answer your Dot studio questions, but about the SG, ask for a pic. If it is set neck with trapezoidal inlays, it's a G-400.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
ask the guy about #5, as for #2-4 see if you can try it out, and let him try the strat out. That way if you are completely blown away by the sg you can just trade and go home with your sg.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
ask the guy about #5, as for #2-4 see if you can try it out, and let him try the strat out. That way if you are completely blown away by the sg you can just trade and go home with your sg.

all the questions except five are about the studio. he said the sg needs new tuning machines... how much will those cost me?
The Dot would work well for pretty much anything. I have a friend that uses a Dot studio for Thrash covers lol. Your going to hands down change the pickups. Definatly recommend Gibsons Dirty Fingers. It'll work for everything.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by utmbarto
The Dot would work well for pretty much anything. I have a friend that uses a Dot studio for Thrash covers lol. Your going to hands down change the pickups. Definatly recommend Gibsons Dirty Fingers. It'll work for everything.

so it is not a complete ripoff trading my strat for this?

i mainly want to play aerosmith, guns, acdc, and some more distorted stuff like avenged maybe. and some clean stuff. but mostly classicer rock stuff

Can the neck pickup get a good soaring lead?

just all in all will it be better than my strat for what i play?
Ok guys update.

he needs a strat. he already bought billy corgan pickups for one, and they're recording there album soon.

i ont like my strat much. I love the tone of the dots and dot studios.

im just wonderng if it is a loss on my part?
I wouldnt say it is a huge loss on your part man.

I really like the dot studios and i dislike hss strats so i might be a little biased.

It should do your classic rock just fine but i would try changing pickups in it to dial in a real nice tone.

I didnt have a problem with sustain when i played one.

I would trade for that.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
I wouldnt say it is a huge loss on your part man.

I really like the dot studios and i dislike hss strats so i might be a little biased.

It should do your classic rock just fine but i would try changing pickups in it to dial in a real nice tone.

I didnt have a problem with sustain when i played one.

I would trade for that.

Im 14. i wont hae money for the pickups for awhile. I do play at church every wekk though. Will it sound noticably worse than ma strat?
I prefer the sound of the dot studio to the mexican strats

Try to play it before you trade and see if you like it,its all about YOR feel for the guitar.

Everybody has different preferences and what not.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.