does anyone know where i can get a gibson style switch that's not a 3 way but like a 5 way or maybe a 6 or a 7 way switch. it looks almost exactly like a traditional lp or sg style 3 way but its different. i think its featured on old lp black beautys. anyone know what im talking about? if so, where can i get them and what are they called?
Toggle switch?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
they sell toggle switches at the source or radio shack if your american
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by necroscience13
does anyone know where i can get a gibson style switch that's not a 3 way but like a 5 way or maybe a 6 or a 7 way switch.
6 or 7 way pickup switches don't exist. Not even in a strat style blade/lever. If you want more than 5 you have to do rotary. In an LP style toggle the max is 3 positions.

Quote by necroscience13
it looks almost exactly like a traditional lp or sg style 3 way but its different. i think its featured on old lp black beautys. anyone know what im talking about? if so, where can i get them and what are they called?
I know exactly the switch that's used on the Black Beauty, Ace Frehley signature and SG Custom. It's called an LP toggle for 3 pickups. It doesn't do what you think it does.

http://www.allparts.com/store/electronics-switches-ep-4369-000,Product.asp

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by David Collins
3 positions is about all you get on that style of toggle switch - if you want more than that you're pretty much stuck with rotary switches. Gibson had a weird 6 position toggle at one point that they used on their Jimmy Page signature for a short while, but good luck finding one of those switches around. If you do, let me know.

The old 3 pickup black beauties never had anything like that that I'm aware of - just the 3 pickup switch that SomeoneYouKnew pointed out above, which was still 3 positions.

What are the wiring arrangements or end combinations you have in mind that would require so many positions?
thats what i was thinking of. i thought it was a 5 way switch though. i was thinking that you could get positions 2 and 4 on a les paul
Quote by David Collins
If you want all the strat positions and more, there are a lot of other ways to wire three pickups. You can wire the 3 way standard, then put the middle on/off on a push/pull or push/push switch, or sacrifice one of your tones use that position for a blend pot to add the middle. That's one of the more common customizations, or by customizing a Switchcraft switch a bit or using a rotary switch, there are plenty of other combinations as well.
Yes. The Explorer III is one of my favourites.
Very simple and gets all combinations of 3 pickups.
Two 3-ways, 1 volume, 1 tone.

http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/ExplorerIII.PDF

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 2, 2009,
Wht not put a push/pull on it to switch the existing 3 combination to others.?

DONT ask me how (-;

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker