Where's the 6505?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by thrasher.
Very nice! HNGD!
How is the SD1 and the Windsor compared to the Blackstar?

As it sits now the HT5 is the winner but the the main reasoning is I have yet to crank the Windsor since its late here.. So we shall see when I can actually crank it.

But that said I think the HT5 is still gonna beat it out mainly because its low power means power tube saturation without my head blowing off.
HNGD, amazing set up, really wanting to try the HT-5, how is she for more british voiced metal and shred
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
how does the windsor sound? from all the clips I heard it sounded like a much thinner JCM.
Greg, he sold that in Take 1 or 2, I think.

HNGD, dude! Are you going to mod the SD? The Dyanmic Wah is different... but, nice.
The Windsor is a good amp, too, although, I know you're just using the poweramp.
Is there going to be a Take 6 of these threads?

Post clips when you get your recording stuff sorted out. I'm looking forward to hearing this rig in action.
HNGD! I need clips of that Windsor, i am considering one.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I've heard that despite the 100 watts (I think thats what it is) it breaks up pretty early.

Thats just what I've heard though, you'll have to try it.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by gregs1020
Where's the 6505?

Taking a new direction

And waiting patiently for the new Diezel and Engl modules to come out for my RM4

Quote by dudey5691
Greg, he sold that in Take 1 or 2, I think.

HNGD, dude! Are you going to mod the SD? The Dyanmic Wah is different... but, nice.
The Windsor is a good amp, too, although, I know you're just using the poweramp.
Is there going to be a Take 6 of these threads?

Post clips when you get your recording stuff sorted out. I'm looking forward to hearing this rig in action.

Yup thats the plan and different it is I heard a clip of some trippy stuff with that thing so figured what the hell. As for take 6 whos knows.. lol

Ill see what I can do..

Quote by whoswt
HNGD, amazing set up, really wanting to try the HT-5, how is she for more british voiced metal and shred

She is pretty nice and really comes alive with a good boost infront of it. And with the ISF you can get a nice British tone out of her..

Quote by loudog93
how does the windsor sound? from all the clips I heard it sounded like a much thinner JCM.

Haven't had a chance to crank her to see what she really sounds like. As for extreme low volume playing she sounds pretty bad but that was expected since High Wattage Marshalls and there clones in general like to be cranked to get there tone to come alive.

Quote by acdclandon
I've heard that despite the 100 watts (I think thats what it is) it breaks up pretty early.

Thats just what I've heard though, you'll have to try it.

We shall see, only could get it up to like 1 tonight since it was late by the time I setup everything
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah, the Windsor breaks up nicely at low volumes. I really like it for a cheap single channel amp.

Why did you get an SD-1? Just curious. I have one. It has a nice mellow drive to it.

Good to know, should have a chance to crank her tomorrow night.

Its one of the only OD's I havent purchased or tried yet so I figured what the hell Ill give it a shot and I have been itchin to mod one for a while now so I picked it up.
I have an SD-1, I would've sold it to ya!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dang, I do believe you are edging closer to Matrix on my "extremely jealous of" list.

HNGD!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Very nice HNGD!

Didn't know you got a Krank cab. Awesome!!!
I have a huge fear if rays.
Dude,

HOW LOUD IS ALL THAT!

COOOOOOL!

HOPE YOUR HAVIN' FUN!
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
Quote by MatrixClaw
I have an SD-1, I would've sold it to ya!

Didnt pay for it technically.

Traded one of my pedals for the Craybaby 535Q last week got it home and setup. But everytime I would activate it, I would get a loud pop. So did some investigative work and I would have to do some modding to get that to go away. And me being a fan of getting a working product to begin with made me decide to return it. And the only interesting thing there at the time was the AW-3 and SD-1 so I picked them up.

Quote by PollyWntsCrack
Every take, i get more and more confused.

Its quite simple..

My main amp is the Randall RM4 and the others are just mainly getting used as power amps until I can stumble onto a decent poweramp in my nech of the woods for a decent price.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Didnt pay for it technically.

Traded one of my pedals for the Craybaby 535Q last week got it home and setup. But everytime I would activate it, I would get a loud pop. So did some investigative work and I would have to do some modding to get that to go away. And me being a fan of getting a working product to begin with made me decide to return it. And the only interesting thing there at the time was the AW-3 and SD-1 so I picked them up.

Its quite simple..

My main amp is the Randall RM4 and the others are just mainly getting used as power amps until I can stumble onto a decent poweramp in my nech of the woods for a decent price.

Does the RM4 have two outputs? If it does you could run one into the blackstar and one into the windsor. If your Krank is stereo you could run them at the same time

Let us know how that windsor sounds kranked, I'm curious to see which you'll keep, the HT-5 or the Windsor (until you get a real power amp anyway).

HNGD
WTLTL 2011
Sorry, I took a short bus. Been working a lot actually so I missed the first thread I think.

Those Randalls are a lot more versatile than the 6505 imo, nice move IP. Like I've said before, we have one at work and it's pretty cool. Sadly, I'm the only one there that has any interest in it. Most of the people there think it's a broken used head because it's only got 2 of 3 modules in it. Maybe the bosses will fall victim to that and sell it to me on the cheapzorz.
Bwa-ha-ha...

Congrats again IP.

"How many more times..."
Robert Plant
Quote by Mark G
Does the RM4 have two outputs? If it does you could run one into the blackstar and one into the windsor. If your Krank is stereo you could run them at the same time

Let us know how that windsor sounds kranked, I'm curious to see which you'll keep, the HT-5 or the Windsor (until you get a real power amp anyway).

HNGD

Sadly it does not and the cab can not

But im not to bothered by it, most of my time is going to be spent with the HT5 anyway in the next coming months until I can get ahold of a module for the br00talz. And i'm holding back on that for a while because I really need to a metal intervention so I can broaden and work on developing my skills.

Yup im interested to see which one will win out as well..

Quote by gregs1020
Sorry, I took a short bus. Been working a lot actually so I missed the first thread I think.

Those Randalls are a lot more versatile than the 6505 imo, nice move IP. Like I've said before, we have one at work and it's pretty cool. Sadly, I'm the only one there that has any interest in it. Most of the people there think it's a broken used head because it's only got 2 of 3 modules in it. Maybe the bosses will fall victim to that and sell it to me on the cheapzorz.
Bwa-ha-ha...

Congrats again IP.

"How many more times..."
Robert Plant

No problem man... Its been a complicated quest to say the least.. Especially im going into the unkown with this whole rack setup so im a bit on the short bus side myself.

Yup, cant wait till I can use it to its full potential. Speaking of that everytime I see the pictures of mine im like what the hell its broken oppps its just missing modules. And I own the thing And start chippin away on the boss man and he will cave.

Thanks And thanks everyone else as well
Quote by IbanezPsycho
start chippin away on the boss man and he will cave.

trust me, i am.

it's a green signed lynchbox, not that I care, I just like green stuff.
Quote by gregs1020
trust me, i am.

it's a green signed lynchbox, not that I care, I just like green stuff.

That amp hits me differently evertime I see pictures or videos of it .. Some days im like that looks amazing and others im like what the hell were they thinking. I really need to see one in person but I know I would probably like it as well.
Man, I feel sick. Just googled something I should not have

:S

On topic: How loud are you getting that blackstar? Gigging volumes?
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by Mark G

Reminds me of when I visit my crazy sites looking for crazy funny stuff and somethings arent so funny
Quote by Mark G

Don't leave us hanging!

Also, there is a line 6 flextone cab with V30's. Today I shall stack those two pigs together and see how it shakes.
Green head, black cab, wheat grill. I bet it looks like an ogre...
Quote by gregs1020
Don't leave us hanging!

Also, there is a line 6 flextone cab with V30's. Today I shall stack those two pigs together and see how it shakes.
Green head, black cab, wheat grill. I bet it looks like an ogre...

I'll pm it to you, pretty sure linking this is illegal in most countries.

*edit*

on topic:

IP's rig looks like an ogre, or a monster from another dimension.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by Mark G

And....

IP - you should list all your gear 'Take' URLs in the OP for those that don't know the story.

I know you've been through a lot of OD's so I'm curious as to your take on teh SD-1. I honestly use the Bad Monkey 90% of the time.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
That amp hits me differently evertime I see pictures or videos of it .. Some days im like that looks amazing and others im like what the hell were they thinking. I really need to see one in person but I know I would probably like it as well.

You just couldn't pass up a $199 Windsor eh?
I see your rig has taken a completely different direction since the last time I saw pic. Mine changed too. A LOT.
Did you get a settlement by chance too?
Can I make two suggestions? 1. Don't fall into the "buy an amp because it's on sale really cheap" frame of mind like I did. The next thing you know you have a roomfull of gear you don't use much and can't sell at a profit or at all.
2. Start putting money aside for an Axe Fx. It is truely the "swiss army knives" of tone generating gear. I think you would love it. Everything from Dumble cleans to 6505 distortion in it. I almost don't use my other gear anymore. So basically, if I'm using that over a Cobra and VH4 that should speak wonders to it's addictiveness.
Happy New Gear Life for now though!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
And....

IP - you should list all your gear 'Take' URLs in the OP for those that don't know the story.

I know you've been through a lot of OD's so I'm curious as to your take on teh SD-1. I honestly use the Bad Monkey 90% of the time.

Whoops totally my bad. I mis-clicked and thought this was the WTLT thread.

On topic:

I love my BM to death, I tried the SD-1 when I went looking for an OD, and the BM was the clear winner.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I'll pm it to you, pretty sure linking this is illegal in most countries.

*edit*

on topic:

IP's rig looks like an ogre, or a monster from another dimension.

So true... Like my three headed Hydra rig I used to run

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
And....

Ill see what I can do

Havent had a chance to really go all out with it.. But as a clean boost I like the tone of it. Its not 100% transparent but it adds a nice flavor. Once I get everything together remind me in a few days and i'll give you a full review.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You just couldn't pass up a $199 Windsor eh?
I see your rig has taken a completely different direction since the last time I saw pic. Mine changed too. A LOT.
Did you get a settlement by chance too?
Can I make two suggestions? 1. Don't fall into the "buy an amp because it's on sale really cheap" frame of mind like I did. The next thing you know you have a roomfull of gear you don't use much and can't sell at a profit or at all.
2. Start putting money aside for an Axe Fx. It is truely the "swiss army knives" of tone generating gear. I think you would love it. Everything from Dumble cleans to 6505 distortion in it. I almost don't use my other gear anymore. So basically, if I'm using that over a Cobra and VH4 that should speak wonders to it's addictiveness.
Happy New Gear Life for now though!

$199 I could pass up... But what I couldnt pass up was the $147 it cost me plus tax I've spent more on a pedal on more then one occasion so this was a very easy decision for me to make

The settlement question falls into question 1. Any gear I get my hands on I know what I can get for it in trade and what it goes for used before I purchase it. I cycle through gear at an alarming rate but always come out on top because I know my pricing structures. Example the new rig was all updated in a mear two weeks of trading up for the new stuff. Total I only spent $100 out of pocket. So when the time comes I know I can get rid of anything and still come out ahead But you are correct getting a room full of un-used amps is always something I worry about in the back of my head and the one reason I got rid of most of my gear. Mainly because alot of it I didnt use anyway. I'll have to check into the Axe Fx, been hearing a tone about it and you make a really good argument since a Diezel or Bogner would have been my next step if I didnt like the current rig.
Quote by Mark G
Whoops totally my bad. I mis-clicked and thought this was the WTLT thread.

On topic:

I love my BM to death, I tried the SD-1 when I went looking for an OD, and the BM was the clear winner.

No problem

Im just a crankhead for OD's honestly I dont think there is never a clear winner in my book when it comes to them. Everyone of them I have owned has contributed something to my tone in that given time. Which is why I usually have upwards of 2-3 on my board at any given time. But tastes and tones change so I have to recycle often.

Quote by gregs1020
Mark.

I will never be the same...

/spammingIPsthread

I know and with my luck im surprised it didnt get closed.
that amps look sexy HNGD
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah