Well ive been playing about 6-7 years and i actually just got into slapping.I wanted to know wat settings i could do for a good slap tone cuz i cant get one.My rig is a warwick double buck and a ampeg BA115
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Give a boost to the low and high end and cut the frequencies near 400.
scoop your mids. I usually use the bridge pick up on humbucker basses but the neck has a very warm feel.
Yeah like what they said, tone down your mids and boost your lows and your treble. you want to set your treble quite a bit higher than your bottem end, becuase your treble really bring out that slap tone that I suppose your looking for.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
with money- new amp, maybe a compressor.

otherwise- work on your own precision and your EQing. only you know what you want to sound like when you slap- tell us.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom