guys,i wanna track songs from my band using laptop.. but suddenly i'm afraid to plug the guitar to my laptop's mic port... my friend said that plug the guitar directly to mic port may cause the guitar's pickup broken...
is it true? thx
Now, girls and boys are 1:4 in this world.. So, you don't have to worry that you won't get any girls. But if you still don't get any, that means you are really ugly or really stupid...
I've done it before and it was fine. Actually, I think the way I did it was to sort of use the amp as a D.I box, i.e plug the guitar into the amp as per usual, then get a jack to jack cable which has one side a quarter inch (the same kind that goes into your guitar) and the other side the smaller version which can plug into the mic port.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
haha xD
no kidding...
no it's not possible.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Ha your friend sounds awesome.
You'll need some sort of amp in between the guitar and computer.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
right, thx .
Now, girls and boys are 1:4 in this world.. So, you don't have to worry that you won't get any girls. But if you still don't get any, that means you are really ugly or really stupid...
Quote by GisleAune
It will NOT
=======

But it will make a sound that'll probably ruin yer ears. Get an interface(100-120$) instead.

Use tah free stuffl like Nick Crow, AcmeBarGig, Lepau's Solo C, ...

And most of those need an IR loader, all you need to know about IRs is on http://www.recabi.net

thx, it helps me with the sound