Page 1 of 2
I've noticed recently that I really dislike phoning. In fact, my friends never phone, they only text or communicate through the internet.

So pit, is this generation becoming independent of the telephone or are me and my friends just a little bit special?
inb4 who was phone

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Men dont need the phone, its only a 10 second conversation.

Just hand out free phones to women and they can bitch about whatever the **** it is they bitch about, and life can continue.
I'm always a bit apprehensive of using the phone, for fear of completely ballsing it up.

I usually have to plan how I expect the conversation to go in my head, otherwise I don't have a clue what to say
phone is not a verb fool
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I hate the phone. You have to drop everything to do it, its gay, my voice sounds horrible on the phone, its awkward, you cant hear what other person is sating alot of the time, it's just awkward and unnessecary.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by ihavenoname93
phone is not a verb fool

"I'll phone you later"

Yes it is
Quote by Adam Scott

Just hand out free phones to women and they can bitch about whatever the **** it is they bitch about, and life can continue.

That was brilliant.

Quote by urbanfox
I'm always a bit apprehensive of using the phone, for fear of completely ballsing it up.

I usually have to plan how I expect the conversation to go in my head, otherwise I don't have a clue what to say

That's pretty much the same for me.
very rarely phone people
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
im a texter and blackberry messenger, dont like to phone much either
I hate talking to girls on the phone, because they never shut up. I'm not wasting my credit to listen to their endless ramblings.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Rarely, I can't seem to expression emotions on the phone.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i ghate talking on the phone.i just text usually
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I phone when they're out of credit, or when I'm talking to adults, or when I'm organising stuff that needs lots of thrashing out of the details. Apart from that, it's all texting, and late at night I use MSN on my phone.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Bizarro

You win

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by rabidguitarist
I hate talking to girls on the phone, because they never shut up. I'm not wasting my credit to listen to their endless ramblings.

+1
Also I get nervous speaking to people who I don't know for important reasons, like sorting out bank accounts or whatever.

I do however hate texting more. If I need to send someone a quick bit of info then they're fine but why the hell do people feel the need to text you a question which will inevitably turn into a conversation where you spend about 5 times as much because you're texting?
Phone isn't a verb.

I dislike using my mobile for calls, even though my network insisted I needed 500 minutes =/ I text a lot though. Texting is less invasive, time consuming and I don't need to think about the conversation as much as I would in a phonecall.
tel⋅e⋅phone
  /ˈtɛləˌfoʊn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tel-uh-fohn] Show IPA noun, verb, -phoned, -phon⋅ing.
–noun
1. an apparatus, system, or process for transmission of sound or speech to a distant point, esp. by an electric device.
–verb (used with object)
2. to speak to or summon (a person) by telephone.
3. to send (a message) by telephone.
–verb (used without object)
4. to send a message by telephone.

Also, phone.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Phone isn't a verb.

What? Yes it is.

EDIT: Good job I couldn't be bothered getting a definition, delirium has done it ^
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I hate talking on the phone. And I can never hear what the other people are saying. Either they talk quietly, or Im deaf
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by Jacek.W
I hate talking on the phone. And I can never hear what the other people are saying. Either they talk quietly, or Im deaf

Maybe they talk really loudly, and your phone isn't on.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Adam Scott

This

'Whats up?"
"Not Much"
"Wanna do something today?"
"Sure, see you at 11?"
"Yeah, See you then"
"Later man"

My average conversation.

Occasionally theres a 'How's it going?' in there...
It depends wether i want an answer quickly or not. Texting is unreliable. I have no problem whatsoever but i hate calling people i don't really know. Especially dealers who barely know you.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I do however hate texting more. If I need to send someone a quick bit of info then they're fine but why the hell do people feel the need to text you a question which will inevitably turn into a conversation where you spend about 5 times as much because you're texting?

Yeah man that gets to me too... I mean if you want to chat, use a chat program or just call, right?

And yes, I know, I could call them myself but I fairly recently moved out on my own and the cashflow is notably restrained
Quote by urbanfox

This.

Plus, I apparently make drunk calls to people I like
I hate using phones, especially if its someone I don't know.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by rabidguitarist
What? Yes it is.

EDIT: Good job I couldn't be bothered getting a definition, delirium has done it ^

whaaat.

Whatever happened to using the word 'call' instead? >_>
I rather talk on the phone than text. But all my friends are retarded and want to take what could be a one minute conversation into a half hour long text off.
I HATE phoning.
| | | | | | |

'What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end'

~I'm a girl.~
Quote by Kensai
Rarely, I can't seem to expression emotions on the phone.

Maybe you need smilies?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I like it. much more than texting, you can say so much and it's free, so there are only advantages..
I don't mind calling people. ofcourse it depends whether or not I wanna talk to the person.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You're the one learning about words and language and shizz, you tell us

haha, I'll keep asserting that I'm right then
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But the dictionary says you're wrong. Surely the dictionary is your bible? HEATHEN!

OH GOOD GOD *head explodes*
Page 1 of 2