Ok well of course the sg custom will be better (by the way there gibsons) but is it worth paying the extra grand or 2 for the custom ? or should i just get a sg standard. By the way my music interests are zepplin metallica acdc etc
Can you afford the two extra grand?
And have you tried both guitars? In terms of features, they don't seem that different, so the only way to tell which is better is to try them. See if it's worth the extra cash.
Quote by iamawsomeguitar
Ok well of course the sg custom will be better (by the way there gibsons) but is it worth paying the extra grand or 2 for the custom ? or should i just get a sg standard. By the way my music interests are zepplin metallica acdc etc

IMO it's not worth it unless you

A) already have an awesome amp
B) have a good setup
C) Plenty of cash

Otherwise it's really not worth it.

I reckon a standard with a pup change, full setup and locking tuners would kick the customs arse.

But thats IMO
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I wouldn't say it's worth the extra cash. But before you buy anything you've got to try it out. I prefer the 61 reissue personally, but its up to you.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
standard. there's a bunch of great stuff you could treat yourself to with that extra $1000-$2000. go get a new amp, or a nice LP Standard too or something. but i don't see the sense in paying that much more for close to similar features.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I'd say buy a Faded and swap out the pups for some '57 Classic's.

IF I remember correctly the standard comes with those. You're only missing the over-rated nitrocellulose finish.
get it

thats probably the sexiest thing ive ever seen
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'd say buy a Faded and swap out the pups for some '57 Classic's.

IF I remember correctly the standard comes with those. You're only missing the over-rated nitrocellulose finish.

57 Classics are what's in the 61 reissue.

490R and 498T is what's in the Standard iirc.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I played the faded and it seemed nice. Unplugged though, didn;t get a chance to play through an amp. I mean I would be happy with it, but if it had that headstock design it would be way cooler.

Those new zoot suit SGs look awesome.
ah... well...

The standard is a much different guitar compared to the 3 pickup custom. Unless by custom you are talking about a standard historic (like... a VOS reissue of a standard)

If I had the money to get a historic over a standard, I most certainly would. The historics are of a considerably higher caliber than Gibson's normal production guitars. You can try them both and decide if it's worth the extra cash, but they're definitely on two different levels. I mean go play them side by side, you'll hear and feel a difference.

But keep in mind that the 3 pickup custom has a different sound altogether from a 2 pickup standard (and by standard, I mean all two humbucker SGs in all ranges from faded to custom shop reissues of vintage standards), some people really hate the 3 pickup, 3 position setup of neck:middle:middle/bridge, you may like it, you may not.