Hey guys, been on this site for a long time but only recently joined =)

I've got an electric guitar which i bought on ebay about a year ago when i just started playing guitar. I'm looking to sell it and upgrade to something with a brand on it =D

I'm bringing it in to a cash converters place (they buy stuff underpriced and sell it cheaper than new, but still overpriced) on saturday and i'm gonna clean it and everything so hopefully they won't try and rip me off for it =)

The problem is, basically all of the strings have some form of buzzing (its most obvious on the lower strings). The buzz is coming from the nut at the head of the guitar, and its noticably loud. The nut looks pretty cheapo which is probably why it buzzes so much (i bought it off ebay so its kinda expected) but i know the people at cash converters will point it out and half its value or something because of it.

Is there a way to fix this string buzz? like putting some oil on the nut or cleaning the grooves or something? =S

Thanks!
Loosen the strings and then add some pencil lead (or graphite) to the point where the string passes through the nut. This is usually done to prevent the strings from going out of tune, but it will probably work to stop that buzz because I had the same problem too, and this worked.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
Oh yeah, and definitely clean the grooves of the nut, it might be dust or something that can be causing the problem most of the time.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
i doubt they will even notice
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
thanks for the tip, i'll try that tomorrow.

Also, that's how the cash converter guys manage to rip people off =) they find little faults and make a big deal of it =P