right

i found these loopin apps but part of what made me interested was the 'Kaos pad style' feature. anyway, it seems to do volume swells but thats about it on the koass pad front, but i was wondering could i wire the ipod between the pickup and output jack so i could use it on my guitar? would/could this work?
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Does an iPod touch have an "In" jack?

My first instinct tells me that it could work, but it probably won't yield the results you're looking for.
iPod does everything you could ever want, just sup-par to the real thing.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
well my theary is i get a thin to thin jack cable n put one end into the headphone port an chop the other jack off and solder the wires to my guitar somehow. help is needed in that department...
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Quote by dancesisidance
iPod does everything you could ever want, just sup-par to the real thing.

that includes being a phone
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
ye i have te skype app. im downloading a thing called beatmaster now that has a kaoss pad style feature, if its succsful i just need to find a way to build it into my guitarr
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
you will need to buy a ipod touch linein-mic imput, from there just pull that apart and wire it in..

tho i wouldent permenently put the ipod on there, i would have some way of docking it...

tho wouldent it be fun to call up your freinds on skype, and just play guitar in there ear 'ol ?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
aren't you guys over looking something? the magnets in the pickups would undoubtedly **** up the ipod. Be it permanently distorting the screen or damaging the sensitive internal components, the ipod's definitely not going to come out unharmed in some way shape or form.
the screen is LCD, so no affect from magnets, also, they are SSD, not HDD, so your memory (shouldent) get messed up.

i dont belive that there would be a problem, i guess the ipod may induce a hum in itself (from the magnets) or into the pups.

i would get one of the line ins for it and try it, it would be fun to try anyway.

oh an it also might "clip" the audio... if not compress it a bit :/

i would give it a go anyways.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Schism1985
aren't you guys over looking something? the magnets in the pickups would undoubtedly **** up the ipod. Be it permanently distorting the screen or damaging the sensitive internal components, the ipod's definitely not going to come out unharmed in some way shape or form.

erm....... I don't think he meant that you celotape an ipod to your humbucker.
2 foot away is quite enough
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
erm....... I don't think he meant that you celotape an ipod to your humbucker.
2 foot away is quite enough

Maybe i'm misinterpreting what he's saying but...

Quote by Robbo1422
could i wire the ipod between the pickup and output jack so i could use it on my guitar? would/could this work?

Anyway, according to Metal Matt there shouldn't be a problem so... yeah. I stand corrected
Quote by Schism1985
Maybe i'm misinterpreting what he's saying but...

Anyway, according to Metal Matt there shouldn't be a problem so... yeah. I stand corrected

No when I said that I meant thats where the wire would join the circuit. I'd put it in my guitar where u put the kaoss pad into the guitar, behind the bridge at the base of the body, and it would be dockable btw
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
Quote by Robbo1422
No when I said that I meant thats where the wire would join the circuit. I'd put it in my guitar where u put the kaoss pad into the guitar, behind the bridge at the base of the body, and it would be dockable btw

this is a bad idea. okay so you, for whatever reason, want to put an ipod touch between your output jack and the guitar circuitry so that you can do kaoss pad type stuff, and it'll be dockable.... hmmm....

okay so if it's in the signal path you've effectively rendered your electric guitar useless when it isnt docked since that signal path becomes broken.

if it's dockable it can, and will, fall off the guitar and break because murphy's law says so. thats just the way the universe works sometimes.

i'm not fan of the kaoss onboard the guitar (so obviously i have a bias) so honestly this idea of yours seems like a perfectly good waste of an ipod and a guitar. of course this could potentially result in comments about how "i'mma gonna use a cheapy squire" for the mod which then begs the question why would you invest in a mod that is equal to, if not more, in cost to the guitar itself? thats just bad economics.
Right I am not wrecking my iPod or my guitar, the mod will be designed so that either piece of equipment can be restored to it's normal self easily.
My Rig:
Fender Starcaster
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
the odd pedal
I'm going to be really surprised if you ever pull this off.

But look for that guy who put a kaoss pad in his guitar.. might get some tips.
lol, i think that when the ipod isnt there the guitar will work, just put a switch in for the ipod being on or off...

and yeah you will need to make it secure, dont want to have your ipod falling on the floor do you?

anyway this should be cool!

i tried making a 9v amp yesterday, it didnt quite work
and more a guitar boost, than a amp. (you put them in your guitar, switch 'em on and it, the guitar, gets louder, more distortion )
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.