Hi, I posted this thread a while ago... but no-one replied! :P

Is there any way to alter the drum map on addictive drums to match the drum map of guitar pro?

When I try and input drum midi files from guitar pro into addictive drums, a lot of things are out of place.

I tried addictive drums at a friends house, and this was my only concern.

Would you recommend any other drum program, that sounds as good as addictive drums?

Thanks,
AJ
Man, just program it in the piano roll.

I can do drm stuff really fast in GP5 but I just feel more "in control" in the piano roll. I use Addicitve drums and I think its awesome.
Are you sure? Because that would mean that I would have to write out all of my drum parts again.

And the midi editor is apparentaly not that good in reaper.

Thanks,
AJ
Quote by ankthebank
Are you sure? Because that would mean that I would have to write out all of my drum parts again.

And the midi editor is apparentaly not that good in reaper.

Thanks,
AJ

well if your programming drums with GP5 and your using the standard midi numbers
(38 for snare
36 for kick drum
46 open hi-hat ....)
you can just import the midi drum track into reaper. Then on that midi track press fx and upload addictive drums. it should then play the notes accordingly ( i do this with superior drummer 2.0 and it works fine)
Thanks for comment metalbass77, but isn't the drum map on addictive drums different to guitar pro?

For example... snare on guitar pro is 38
sidestick on addictive drums is 38

So if I input the midi file, and use addictive drums... all of the snares will be sidesticks! :S

This is what i think anyway, so please correct if i'm wrong.
AJ
Quote by ankthebank
Thanks for comment metalbass77, but isn't the drum map on addictive drums different to guitar pro?

For example... snare on guitar pro is 38
sidestick on addictive drums is 38

So if I input the midi file, and use addictive drums... all of the snares will be sidesticks! :S

This is what i think anyway, so please correct if i'm wrong.
AJ

thats strange why would addictive drums NOT be on general midi. are you sure your friend hasnt messed around with any settings? theres no reason for a software to change midi notes, besides even if you did change your notes than youd be learning the wrong numbers. im gonna go to the addictive drums site and read a few things.
Quote by drawnacrol
so don't get addictive drums??? phew was just about to buy it last night

well the non-general midi is gonna be a pain in the ass, but its not a horrible purchase, the sounds are still pretty good. unless im missing something, i dont get how they could make that mistake.
I think i would only get it if there was a way to convert the drum map on it, and only if i was going to write drum parts soley on it

Would you recommend any other drum programmer, that is not too large in file size (my cpu is quite rubbish)
Ok, i saw another thread on here... a guy managed to remap addictive drums by sticking a drum map into pro tools.

I have no idea how to do this, and i use reaper.... any ideas?
I export GP midi drum parts into Cubase with no problems whatsoever........ Im not really sure what the issue is. I went to the AD site and downloaded two maps that were user submitted and one of them is all I ever use now. You can make your own map in Cubase which is what I did at first but there is no need for it now, as soon as I load the map and hit assign.......... bam, all the parts shift into place. I have had to minimize and drag a group up/down before but it shouldnt be this complicated.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
I export GP midi drum parts into Cubase with no problems whatsoever........ Im not really sure what the issue is. I went to the AD site and downloaded two maps that were user submitted and one of them is all I ever use now. You can make your own map in Cubase which is what I did at first but there is no need for it now, as soon as I load the map and hit assign.......... bam, all the parts shift into place. I have had to minimize and drag a group up/down before but it shouldnt be this complicated.

yea i guess that would be a solution, although i dont get why they didnt just use general midi.
Cool, 'occub' please could you link me to the place where you downloaded the map... or put it up for download?
Would the same map work for reaper?

Thanks,
AJ
Quote by ankthebank
Cool, 'occub' please could you link me to the place where you downloaded the map... or put it up for download?
Would the same map work for reaper?

Thanks,
AJ

http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=downloads

scroll down about 2/3 to the drum map section. There is one specific to Reaper, I believe if it works or is close you could always edit it. There's also a general midi one as well.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
there is no dynamics in gp, seriously it just ruins the ****ing song.

program it in reaper. its hard at first but when you get into it man you can go fast as **** i am gonna post something in a minute showing you guys all of my really use full secretes and tips for programming in reaper
Quote by CatharsisStudio
there is no dynamics in gp, seriously it just ruins the ****ing song.

program it in reaper. its hard at first but when you get into it man you can go fast as **** i am gonna post something in a minute showing you guys all of my really use full secretes and tips for programming in reaper

i know GP has no dynamics, but if you import the midi into reaper you can then adjust all the velocities there. personally i find it easier and faster to program in GP5, although i have programmed a minute song idea using just reaper. i guess to each their own, but i dont get why you can adjust the midi files form guitar pro?
Hi, how do you import drum maps (to use with addictive drums) in reaper?

I think it should be ok for me to import GP files and stick dynamics in later on - but i'll just have to wait and see once i get addictive drums with reaper.

Thanks,
AJ
Ah so there ARE others in my exact place. Help?
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Aha, i figured it out a while ago...

There is this program (http://www.codeplex.com/midifilemapper) - It's got a general midi to addictive drums map on there.
It only works on windows, as exe files do not work on a mac - but that should be ok if you have both (like i do).

It works really well. Just import your guitar pro midi (or general midi) into the program, select your drum map (inbuilt) and export.