Hi, now im sick of using tabs and be complete helpless if I don't got tabs. Anyone know any good songs that I might find the bass easy ? Or anything that will help ?

Oh, and can you guys say some bands that the bassist uses a T-bird?

And i want more endurance in my finger, is it "practise" that is good for it ?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad English. Im from Norway.
Quote by xiyuno
Hi, now im sick of using tabs and be complete helpless if I don't got tabs. Anyone know any good songs that I might find the bass easy ? Or anything that will help ?

Oh, and can you guys say some bands that the bassist uses a T-bird?

And i want more endurance in my finger, is it "practise" that is good for it ?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad English. Im from Norway.

If you're sick of using tabs then maybe you could use sheet mudic instead or learn by ear? Maybe even write your own stuff?

The only person who comes to my mind immediately when I think of Thunderbirds is Shavo Odadjian. Though other people will be able to help you with that.
Finger speed is all about practice, yes. Practice with a metronome is highly recommended.
And don't worry about your English, I only noticed one letter out of place

EDIT: and one use of tense
EDIT2: but that's better than most people in the pit
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Thank you. I wanna learn by ear. Do you know a good way to learn it ?
ballsss
I'd love to be able to learn by ear but I can't yet
Apparantly learning scales and recognising intervals helps. Then, I'm afraid, it's years of practice.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Ok, where i live there is no bass-teachers or anything, and it ****ing sucks. So i should buy a book maybe ?

How long have you been playing the bass?
ballsss
Quote by xiyuno
Ok, where i live there is no bass-teachers or anything, and it ****ing sucks. So i should buy a book maybe ?

How long have you been playing the bass?

Books help, so do video lessons imo.

I've been playing bass for about 3.5 years and guitar for about 1.5.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90

I've been playing bass for about 3.5 years and guitar for about 1.5.

Me 2

Ok, thanks for everything
ballsss
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

you should look into jazz charts. or any charts for that matter. they just have chord symbols that you follow along with instead of exact notes you have to follow.

theres alotta different chord types, but really all you need to start off with are chord tones.
with G for example:
with plain old g chord and you could play the root (G) the 3rd (B) the 5th (D) and the octave or the root again.
with a Gmin chord youd play the root, flat 3rd, 5th, flat 7th (an F), and the octave
G7 is kindof a mix of the two. you can play all of the chord tones of a major chord (like the G) as well as the flat 7th tone

its fun to fool around with 12 bar blues progressions and kinda get your feel for things. a 12 bar in G for example might look somthin like this

/G7/G7/G7/G7/
/C7/C7/G7/G7/
/D7/C7/G7/G7/

with each chord name in a "/" meaning a measure

its best to practice with a guitarist playing backing chords or a drummer or whoever else to keep the beat.

and nikki sixx from motley crue plays a thunderbird
Quote by xiyuno
Thank you. I wanna learn by ear. Do you know a good way to learn it ?

it just comes with time. think of yourself as an infant learning language. it takes awhile before someone can dictate a sentence to you and have you write it down in real time.

it just takes time and patience. listen to a ton of music and do trial and error. learn your major scale.

mainly trial and error though. that's how my ear developed i think. just listen to a measure and play around until it sounds right. it'll suck at first, but don't get frustrated! soon you'll be to the point where you can do it no problem.
#DTWD
Quote by Flogger_92
I've seen the bassist from Kings Of Leon use a Thunderbird.

as does Mark Hamilton from ash
Kim Gordon from Sonic youth
Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue

thats 3 i can think off the top of my head :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.