Page 1 of 2
Ok, so I have a mate from school who has ginger hair. We all used to call him names and make jokes as you do but still we considered each other friends.

One of the jokes would be that he is adpoted because neither of his parents have ginger hair or his brother.

Anyway, with this know about him, I had a general chat with him when all of a sudden he mentioned his mothers name 'Lisa'. I was like 'What? you call your mum by her first name?'. And he was like 'erm well yeh'.

I now reli do think he was adopted and as he calls his mother by her first name and looks nothing like her or his younger brother.

So what does the pit think? Is he adopted? Does anyone else call their parents by there first name? Has this adopted joke back-fired on anyone?
Should it really matter to you whether he is adopted or not?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I call my mum by her first name and I'm the only person in my house who has blonde hair, dosnt mean I'm adopted
no one cares man.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Last edited by xl999 at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by Duffman123
I call my mum by her first name and I'm the only person in my house who has blonde hair, dosnt mean I'm adopted

keep telling yourself that
Quote by Dawginator
Should it really matter to you whether he is adopted or not?

Well at school we'd all make jokes saying he was adopted and he would just take it on the shoulder. But now thinking back, if he reli is adopted then i feel like we have reli hurt him :|
Quote by mikey_360
Well at school we'd all make jokes saying he was adopted and he would just take it on the shoulder. But now thinking back, if he reli is adopted then i feel like we have reli hurt him :|

So maybe don't be a dick in the first place?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dawginator
So maybe don't be a dick in the first place?

Thats thing. We are good friends and enjoy a little dig into each other everynow and then. We can take a joke but if this was just more than that then i feel really bad.

reli = really sorry I'm used to typing like this (too much IM:P )
Last edited by mikey_360 at Sep 2, 2009,
it's possible for red hair to skip a generation, so you're probably wrong.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
It's possible that he got recessive genes from both of his parents.

Or something like that.
If you two are friends you should be able to ask, right? Also i had a friend back in middle school who called his mom by her first name... in fact she even told us to call her that.

Think that's weird? I have a friend who's mom we, including him, call grandma.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
My brother is a ginger, and neither of my parents are. It's called genetics, you should learn about it...
Quote by webbtje
It's possible for someone not to have ginger parents yet have ginger hair.

I know. And I know the whole thing about two recessive alleles causing red hair. But I suppose it's more the fact that he calls his mother by her first name, (which I'm finding to be more common than I first thought), and doesn't look like his parents or brother IMO.
Quote by mikey_360
I know. And I know the whole thing about two recessive alleles causing red hair. But I suppose it's more the fact that he calls his mother by her first name, (which I'm finding to be more common than I first thought), and doesn't look like his parents or brother IMO.

Loads of people call their parents by their first name...
my little brother was in foster care then my parents took guardianship of him and i make fun of him being adopted....... his mom was like major crack***** so i tell him his mom sold him for crack! lol (when i say little i mean younger because i'm 17 and he's 16)
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by mikey_360

I now reli do think he was adopted and as he calls his mother by her first name

So your not allowed to call your mum her first name without being criticized now? I call my mum her first name all the time.

To be honest if he is adopted he probably would call his "mum" mum.
Quote by Fritz621
my little brother was in foster care then my parents took guardianship of him and i make fun of him being adopted....... his mom was like major crack***** so i tell him his mom sold him for crack! lol (when i say little i mean younger because i'm 17 and he's 16)

You're a lovely guy.
I don't mean to be a dick but, how on earth are we supposed to know?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by webbtje
You're a lovely guy.

lol well really it doesn't bother him and it makes people look at us funny in public when i say that and he agrees with me lol
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by mikey_360
Ok, so I have a mate from school who has ginger hair.

Stopped reading here.
Quote by Venice King
I don't mean to be a dick but, how on earth are we supposed to know?

No, you see, the point of this thread is to gather a general consensus around people between the ages of 13-25 so he can make an accurate assumption towards his friend being adopted.

It's all in the hips.
My science teacher told me some story (we were doing about genetic shizzle) about some guy who got his girlfriend pregnant, and the baby was black, and the guy flipped out, and they done a load of medical tests and it was all legit, but he ended up leaving her. Turns out one of her ancestors was black and the baby inherited it.

So it could be that.
Quote by Fritz621
lol well really it doesn't bother him and it makes people look at us funny in public when i say that and he agrees with me lol

Lolol?
Quote by severed-metal
It's all in the hips.

If that's what you think, well... do the twist.

TS, just ask him.
Yeah he's adopted. I've got blood tests to prove it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by severed-metal
No, you see, the point of this thread is to gather a general consensus around people between the ages of 13-25 so he can make an accurate assumption towards his friend being adopted.

It's all in the hips.

Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Ginger hair is a recessive gene, as long as both parents carry the recessive gene there is a chance that their offspring will have ginger hair. Neither parent has to have ginger hair for this to happen.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Adam Scott
My science teacher told me some story (we were doing about genetic shizzle) about some guy who got his girlfriend pregnant, and the baby was black, and the guy flipped out, and they done a load of medical tests and it was all legit, but he ended up leaving her. Turns out one of her ancestors was black and the baby inherited it.

So it could be that.

yeaahhh, don't think it works like that
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Quote by kiss my bass
yeaahhh, don't think it works like that

It can happen. I remember a story in the newspaper about two twins being born, one was black the other was white.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by archangels666
It's amazing how some people can't think of the most basic concepts, isn't it?

Yeh, well I'm still thinking about asking. Although we used to be good friends I don't see him that much since we went to different colleges and I don't think it would be too easy to ask him :S .
Page 1 of 2