I don't know you, your playing styles, your budget or your preferred genres. So I can't really recommend you an amp.

Also read some of this
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192284&highlight=behringer
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Yeah, Behringer is sorta like Wishbass in the sense that most people in the know that they suck while there's plenty of Behringer/Wish fans. Do not be one of them.

But like Gill said, what's your budget, genre of choice, etc.?
Maybe around 300 dollars tops.

I'll probably play something like rock and maybe some funk and metal.
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
that is still extremely vague Evan. Bands from all three genres play all sorts of varied things.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Don't get a Behringer. I've never actually played one, but I've heard good things about Acoustic amps.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Behringer = poor quality. most people don't like their tone and they're also known for being unreliable. every once in a while one will last a good long while but it'd be unlikely.

Acoustic makes great amps for cheap. And don't be confused by the name Acoustic, it's not for acoustic basses only. If you want to spend a good bit of money I'd suggest peavey for rock but I don't recommend their cheaper stuff really. Don't really like the stuff they've put out in the budget line lately.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by lordofthefood1
that is still extremely vague Evan. Bands from all three genres play all sorts of varied things.

Well, what else do you need to know? If you mean like what kind of bandsI'llbe playing like, it'd probably be close to U2 and RHCP and Pearl Jam.

(\__/)
Quote by Revelation
Behringer = poor quality. most people don't like their tone and they're also known for being unreliable. every once in a while one will last a good long while but it'd be unlikely.

Acoustic makes great amps for cheap. And don't be confused by the name Acoustic, it's not for acoustic basses only. If you want to spend a good bit of money I'd suggest peavey for rock but I don't recommend their cheaper stuff really. Don't really like the stuff they've put out in the budget line lately.

Ok, thanks.

(\__/)
Quote by Evan.K
Well, what else do you need to know? If you mean like what kind of bandsI'llbe playing like, it'd probably be close to U2 and RHCP and Pearl Jam.

Well, I'd assume that we'd need that information, being that there are heaps of types of sounds for basses in Rock and Metal (I'm not all that familiar with Funk, so who knows if they all sound the same tonally).

I suppose either an Acoustic or and Ashdown, depends on if you want clarity or color in your blood.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Well, I'd assume that we'd need that information, being that there are heaps of types of sounds for basses in Rock and Metal (I'm not all that familiar with Funk, so who knows if they all sound the same tonally).

I suppose either an Acoustic or and Ashdown, depends on if you want clarity or color in your blood.

Funk would be like slapand pop, stuff like that.

Other people are saying acoustic amp, so I'll try that.

Thanks guys.

(\__/)
Ashdown has color to it's tone but i do like the tone. Try them out to decide for yourself. Acoustic is known for being clear(aka transparent) which lends itself to being a very versatile amp.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Ashdown has color to it's tone but i do like the tone. Try them out to decide for yourself. Acoustic is known for being clear(aka transparent) which lends itself to being a very versatile amp.

I'll try both out at guitar center whenever I buy one.

Thanks again

(\__/)
Quote by Evan.K
Funk would be like slapand pop, stuff like that.

Other people are saying acoustic amp, so I'll try that.

Thanks guys.

I know they slap and pop, I'm talking about the tone of typical funk bassists (which I lack knowledge of. I know wooten uses a hartke now, but that doesn't really define how the tone is (on the level of say an ampeg, which tends to sound like an ampeg no matter what) because a hartke is very diverse)

Quote by Revelation

Yes, basically this post.

I'd say if you like the sound of a "dirty" tone, go for Ashdown

both can do a dirty tone if you have it set right, but an Ashdown will for sure have more color to it than an Acoustic will.
Now say his name.....