I have put up a trade for my Marshall Bluesbreaker on the HC forums (debating on putting it on UG), and I was curious what the best offer would be.

I'm going to be playing a lot of metal, shred and hard rock. The offers I've gotten so far are:

Mesa/Boogie Mark III Head (with a Mark IIC+ mod and R2 Volume mod) + cash for a cab

A near mint 2008 Marshall JCM800 2203 Reissue, I do not know if a cab is included

Holland Brentwood/Jumpmaster

ENGL Powerball

What would be the best deal as of now? I will update with more offers as I get them.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Last edited by Junnage at Sep 2, 2009,
Mesa and Marshall's are 2 different amps? But if I was in your shoes atm I would go with the Mesa and then pick up an Orange 2x12
I would go for the Mesa
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well, I know that Mesa and Marshall are two different amps, but I was curious if someone could also tell me the pros and cons of each. I noticed that the thread title is quite deceiving.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
The Mark is definitely better for what you want to play
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I just re-read it and noticed that the JCM800 is a reissue, I would stay clear of that. You can find one from the 80's in pretty good condition with the money you can get, and still have a good chunk of cash for a cab. Or if you find a Splawn Nitro
Mesa FTW. I run my Mesa Dual Rec for every style of music. Though i may snatch up a JCM soon and run them both =D

EDIT: Speaking of trades, will someone help me on my thread puhhleze?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1193619
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Last edited by paintballcrazy7 at Sep 2, 2009,
I'd rather that no money was involved in the trade, but sheer bartering. I need an amp head for gigging that I will be doing moderately/heavily soon, and heads are more portable than combos. I'm in a metal/hard rock band, so I will need to be able to get really hi-gain tones.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Last edited by Junnage at Sep 2, 2009,
I had some Boogies (Studio pre and 50/50) and have a Super Lead. Ithink the Mesa might be better for you. But for tone I prefer my Marshall. You might miss that amp of yours when its gone.
Quote by marantz1300
I had some Boogies (Studio pre and 50/50) and have a Super Lead. Ithink the Mesa might be better for you. But for tone I prefer my Marshall. You might miss that amp of yours when its gone.

Of course I'll miss its clean. It'll suck to plug into an amp, warm up on the clean channel and think, "Damn, it just isn't the same." If I had more space and I was rich, I'd keep this sucker and just buy a Marshall and a Mesa/Boogie =) or an ENGL
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
I preferred my Boogies clean channel and used pedals for distortion. It sounded like a Fender.
Last edited by marantz1300 at Sep 2, 2009,
New possible trade in.

Marshall Bluesbreaker for an ENGL Powerball.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
really need help here guys.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
I hope that I can help a little bit. I have a buddy of mine in the same predicimint. Its always tough when you have a vintage amp and want to upgrade to something for the high gain. If I was you, I wouldnt trade it. That Bluesbreaker in vintage, sweet, and everything a clean amp can be. Second only to the Blackface Fender series in the 60's, amd thats a big maybe.

I understand that its a huge bargaining tool, but if your wafflin', thinking about how much youll miss it, or dont know how long this new sound of yours will last, I'd suddgest keeping it for now. I know running out of a kick as pedal for the high gain may not be what you want to do, but if the metal scene in you dosent last forever, youll always have that Bluesbreaker.

Now, if you must trade, I'm sure that you want top dollar. I dont know much about the Powerball, but the Mesa seems legit, mods and all.

No offense meant, but i I was in your shoes I'd keep the Marshall. God only knows how much you might miss it in the future.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I hope that I can help a little bit. I have a buddy of mine in the same predicimint. Its always tough when you have a vintage amp and want to upgrade to something for the high gain. If I was you, I wouldnt trade it. That Bluesbreaker in vintage, sweet, and everything a clean amp can be. Second only to the Blackface Fender series in the 60's, amd thats a big maybe.

I understand that its a huge bargaining tool, but if your wafflin', thinking about how much youll miss it, or dont know how long this new sound of yours will last, I'd suddgest keeping it for now. I know running out of a kick as pedal for the high gain may not be what you want to do, but if the metal scene in you dosent last forever, youll always have that Bluesbreaker.

Now, if you must trade, I'm sure that you want top dollar. I dont know much about the Powerball, but the Mesa seems legit, mods and all.

No offense meant, but i I was in your shoes I'd keep the Marshall. God only knows how much you might miss it in the future.

The thought of not having it actually makes me feel like crying. I really do love this amp a lot, however I just can't keep it. It has an incredible tone, and as an amp, it has helped me grow up from an artist that could only play blues and classic rock, into an artist that incorporates that into metal and shred influences. It has actually also taught me how to EQ an amp, haha. When I got this amp, I was a guitarist who was green in the eyes and wet behind the ears, trying to sound like Clapton.

If there was another way, I would take it. I'm going to be gigging starting in the next month or two, and I am in a band that plays lots of metal, lots of hard rock, and a little bit of jazz and blues. It just would not have a place.

But thank you for the opportunity to reflect.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
bump
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
bump

i would go for the Mark.

if it was a Savage or an Invader then that would be a different story...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me