Ok, so i've been playing guitar for 9 years and want to get into bass, I played bass in a band for about a year using a friends Yamaha 5-string (he's using a rickenbacker which is the sex), got me into the whole bass thing.

So I ask you this, I'm on a budget for a decent sounding bass at a limit of about €450 - 500. There are a **** load of basses in that range so I ask you to point out the nicer sounding better quality built basses in that range. I'll prob go with a 4 string although a 5 string is a possibility, I play classic/hard/alternative rock mostly.

many thanks
Peter: Why did the dinosaurs die out?
Man: Because you touch yourself at night!
Did a little scouting around Thomann to get an idea of how much 500euros would get you.
My first thoughts are:
Warwick Rockbass corvette,
Ibanez BTB47x, (x= 4, 5 or 6)
Fender MIM p or j bass.

What do you think of those four?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
the fender j and p would be nice, as for the warwick, i've never played one...same goes for the ibanez
Last edited by Sephorangelus at Sep 2, 2009,
any particular brands that stores in your area stock?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
only a smallish music store, stocks mostly copys of the major brands, and then a few of the proper fenders, and stuff and then the likes of squires etc etc, must have a pop in and see
On the one of the streets theres a music shop with a john myung sig 6er. That was a year ago, but it was the best 6er ive ever played and around your price too. Second hand and if you dont mind paying shipping etc theres loads of choice. You could get a Warwick corvette STD in swamp ash for that much, or a g&l L-2500 cort elrick and others.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul