what do i need to do this?
i want to be able to switch between an Orange rockerverb 50 and a Fender Deluxe reverb and still be able to use my pedals on each amp.

what do i need
and estimated price plz.

thanks yall
a/b box
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
a/b switcher such as EHX "Switchblade" or Whirlwind "Selector" costs can be anywhere from $40-$120

EDIT: To answer your second question, cheaper A/Bs do effect tone, though to what extent is arguable. More commonly, the channels will "bleed" into one another (the Morley ABY Channel Switcher is notorious for this). Higher end A/B boxes such as the Radial Tonebone BigShot bleed far less (if at all) and have no (or at least almost no) effect on tone.
Last edited by Schism1985 at Sep 2, 2009,
A A/B box will work, and you would be able to keep your pedals that are in front of the amps. You would need to buy the pedals you want in the loops double though.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
A A/B box will work, and you would be able to keep your pedals that are in front of the amps. You would need to buy the pedals you want in the loops double though.

thats a bummer.

thanks for the help guys.
is there a difference in the 40$ one and the 140$ ones?
Quote by Peytonnn
does doing this affect tone at all?

this question is so full of fail.

of course it changes the tone, thats why u do it. the only reason ud want to do it. unless u had 1 louder amp and one quiter amp, but then still, switching amps is a terrible way to increase volume, it will change the tone, alot. but thats why you use more than one amp.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock

of course it changes the tone, thats why u do it. the only reason ud want to do it. unless u had 1 louder amp and one quiter amp, but then still, switching amps is a terrible way to increase volume, it will change the tone, alot. but thats why you use more than one amp.

He ment 'will putting a AB box in the signal chain suck tone yes or no'. Offcourse he knows that when he switches to another amp, his tone will change

Answer: yes it will cause hum and grounding interference when you buy a crappy cheap one. If you buy a well made one, it wont suck any tone, and you wont experience hum or any other disturbing noises.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by bananahammock

pretty sure he meant affect the tone of each particular amp, not "does switching amps affect tone."

But yes the Radial Bigshot is a good one; it's what I personally will have (being shipped right now) and everybody I have consulted prior told me to get it over the Morley or Snarling dogs box. It also doesn't need a battery (it's passive) which is convenient.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by LP_CL

..........or you could run them in front of the ab box.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33