What can I use to record something from my amp and guitar to put on here and to record all are own songs in my band. Are the portable recorders any good because my music teacher at school has a tascam recorder thats about £150 but i wasnt sure if they'd be good enough for recording
Has anyone had any experience with these things?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Sep 2, 2009,
i wouldnt get a tascam.

If you want to record onto a computer, with a recording program, you'll need an audio interface.

M-Audio is probably the best company to go to for these, the Fast Track Pro is very good (I have one) and only goes for about 150 US dollars. The sound and signal are preserved very well with it.

You'll need some type of recording software to put ur songs on here.
For just recording yourself, you can get a small audio interface or a small portable recorder and a decent microphone and be set.

However, things get a little crazy when wanting to record a full band. I guess it depends on what kind of recording quality you want, and what you're willing to spend. Portable recorders lack a lot of features to be able to record a full band. How much would you be looking to spend?
idk because like i said i no nothing about it but probably no more than £200 for the actual machine but im not sure how gd a recorder i could get with tht
any ideas?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Read over the Riffs and Recordings section a lot of good stuff over there.