Hey UG! I've decided to make a tube amp.

I live in Brazil and any tube amp is too expensive.

So, i have experience with eletronic and an old man who dedicated his entire life fixing tube amps wants to help. He gave me some schematics (fender bassman and others) and everytime i meet him, he asks if i'm going to build the amp.

I play from classical to metal and I need a good amp to do this job. A pretty nice clean tone and a good overdrive/distortion (Maybe a 50W is enough). I'm gonna buy some pedals too.

Which tube amp do you recommend to build?
I've heard there's a guy (here) who mixes (?) a fender (clean) with a marshall/soldano/mesa. Is it worth to do, or should I make only a fender or a marshall?

Thanks...
... and sorry if i put this thread in the wrong place.
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion
id make fender clean and mesa dist if you can
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
^Combining the two is mega mega hard, else someone would've already done it.

TS, I'd do something similar to a Mesa Mark III. It's going to be pretty complex wiring and stuff, but that amp has the best of both works in my mind.
Quote by juniorlbj
So, i have experience with eletronic and an old man who dedicated his entire life fixing tube amps wants to help. He gave me some schematics (fender bassman and others) and everytime i meet him, he asks if i'm going to build the amp.

I play from classical to metal and I need a good amp to do this job. A pretty nice clean tone and a good overdrive/distortion (Maybe a 50W is enough). I'm gonna buy some pedals too.
Possible candidates:
Trainwreck.
Dumble ODS
Fender Super (or Deluxe if you can live with less power) modified to 2 channels w/ high gain second channel.

There is a Dumble ODS build just finishing up.
A bit adventurous for your first build, though:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164623
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm building a Ruby at the moment so my skill are well off a tube amp right now but I know AX84 have a few amps aimed totally at begginers.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-