Hi!
Read the Valve King guide on how to change the valves on the forum: Valve King Thread
Still slightly clueless on how many to get and what ones to buy. Kind of daunting. Then there's power tubes?! No idea about this. Please help.
Cheers,
-Paul
http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikispaces.com/Tube+Swap+Information

I think the VK100 has four 6L6GC power tubes, though.

Basically, you want to go to a website like www.dougstubes.com and look at tubes you want. Tung-Sols are popular for preamp tubes because the VK is a notoriously dark amp. However, you don't wanna go with all Tung-Sols for preamp tubes. A JAN-Philips 5751 is recommended for the phase inverter (V3).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Sep 2, 2009,
How's a power tube different? Any good power tubes for me to consider?
Last edited by sovietchimp at Sep 2, 2009,
The power tubes are different in that they are larger and die quicker (on average, power amp tubes will last between a year to two years dependent on how often you use the amp) than their preamp counterparts. Both play a role in how the amp sounds, though. JJ power tubes are often used in Valvekings, although I'm going to try out some Tung-Sol 6L6es.

Another thing; preamp tubes are completely interchangable between models, types and styles, but with power amp tubes, a rebias would be necessary if you changed the model (i.e. 6L6 -> EL34) The Valveking uses 6L6 power tubes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So I won't need to do anything except swap em? What does biasing involve? Also on that link you gave me it said that when you open the amp and start "poking" around in it, you have to be careful of capacitors, which could KILL YOU. I don't like the sound of that...
Last edited by sovietchimp at Sep 2, 2009,