Im thinking about buying my friends old squier strat and customizing it. Its a 1998 made in Ensenada, Mexico Standard Strat. Does anyone know what kind of wood the body is made of. Idk if this helps but the serial number is MN888177.

Thanks in advance.
It's Cadillac rainbows and lots of spaghetti
And I love meatballs so you better be ready
Quote by Schism1985
Either basswood or cheap alder, i'd assume.

id be happy with that. As long as its not plywood...do you think it would be plywood?
If it's a "standard" series, chances are it'll be agathis (unless the wood was changed to agathis in recent years.)
If it's "Affinity" series (my 96' squier is, so I know that they were around at this time.) it'll be alder wood.

Otherwise, take a picture of the grain and show us
Quote by megathrash00
id be happy with that. As long as its not plywood...do you think it would be plywood?

I'm almost positive that it won't be plywood. From what i've heard, 90's Squiers are actually pretty decent, even comparable to MIM Fender Strats in some cases.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
If it's a "standard" series, chances are it'll be agathis (unless the wood was changed to agathis in recent years.)
If it's "Affinity" series (my 96' squier is, so I know that they were around at this time.) it'll be alder wood.

Otherwise, take a picture of the grain and show us

I would take a pic but its at my friends house because its his...but i plan on taking it from him and fixing it soon, cuz he doesnt even play guitar and the guitar is unusable in its current state cuz the pickups are shot.
Quote by Schism1985
I'm almost positive that it won't be plywood. From what i've heard, 90's Squiers are actually pretty decent, even comparable to MIM Fender Strats in some cases.

Cool, good news.