my buddy was asking me what would happen if he took his xbox 360 with the red ring of death, bought a new xbox, swapped the internals and then returned the xbox.

If the store opened the xbox and turned it on and noticed the RRoD what would be the consequences??

After he asked me that i got curious, and just remembering now i decided to ask you guys
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
death penalty
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by Survivalism
Or just send it to Microsoft?

i think the warranty must be over, otherwise it didnt make sense that he would ask me that

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
how would you benafit?

all i can see is you swapping a rrod xbox internals into a good xbox and send one to xbox for them to just fix it for free :S

Edit: if you get the RROD then its always free
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I'm no legal expert (I hardly know Norwegian law, much less law from other countries. But I guess they would ring him up, if they could, and probably ask him why he didn't just return it since it's probably covered by the warranty.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

They would know they usually put something (special tape reading "warranty void if removed" as a way to know if you have messed with the insides.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
They would know they usually put something (special tape reading "warranty void if removed" as a way to know if you have messed with the insides.

nah he said he knows how to remove the "wvir" sticker and re-apply it without any damage to it actually.

for the oither guy asking wheres the benefit this is how

he has RRoD xbox,
he buys a new working xboix,
he swaps the internals, returning the garbage one for $$
keeps the good xbox

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
microsoft amost always replaces 360s that have the rrod, regardless if the warrenty is over.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
taking out the internals would void the warranty and they could tell. can you say lawsuit?
Quote by smartalec007
microsoft amost always replaces 360s that have the rrod, regardless if the warrenty is over.

I thought this was the case too^ my friends warranty must have run out but he got his replaced a few months back.

If its not true then me buying an Xbox from Woolworths might have not been the best idea oops
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the store talks to Microsoft about it they'll notice the internal keys and serial numbers don't quite line up and then you'll be screwed.
His death, which happen'd in his berth,
At forty-odd befell:
They went and told the sexton, and
The sexton toll'd the bell
For any red ring of death related problems, the warrenty got extended to 3 years.
Hes probably still covered.
just give me a fender and let me rip