Anyone watch Surviving Disaster last night? I thought there would be a thread but surprisingly enough there wasn't. Tuesday nights 10PM on Spike.

Basically each week they go through a disaster like an earthquake, office building on fire, etc. and this guy shows you how to live.

Last night was a plane hijacking. It was really good, but I don't like how he tells you things. They make it like you're on the plane and he's guiding you through what to do with horribly chose shots by the director. Overall I liked the idea of it and it was really cool, just the director should be fired.

(Episode synopsis
Basically he said comply with the terrorists until everything is under control, then make an alarm for 3 minutes on a phone and throw it a few rows in front of you when they don't see. When it goes off they check it out and then attack at a good moment with about 4-6 people. Once you have them restrained then you break into the cockpit, take out the guy, and grab the yolk (steering thing). Go to 121.5 on the radio and tell them you've taken over the plane ASAP or the jet fighters will take you down. Then autopilot it to the airport they tell you and land it.

It was kind of weird that I watched Zeitgeist (great movie, still not sure whether to believe it or not) and then that.

If anyone did watch it, there's one thing I don't understand... You know how that guy stepped out and got killed by the sleeper (guy pretending to be a victim and then kills anyone who tries to go against them)? What if someone doesn't step up, you try to talk to people to get help, and then he kills you and the plan goes to ****?
There be no shelter here.
Quote by courtkid1012
It was kind of weird that I watched Zeitgeist (great movie, still not sure whether to believe it or not) and then that.

If anyone did watch it, there's one thing I don't understand... You know how that guy stepped out and got killed by the sleeper (guy pretending to be a victim and then kills anyone who tries to go against them)? What if someone doesn't step up, you try to talk to people to get help, and then he kills you and the plan goes to ****?

Are you serious...?

And yeah I wouldn't take surviving disaster face value exactly. Or zeitgeist...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Is that the show with that commercial? You know, the one where they're on a bus and a nuke explodes near them?

(or something like that; I wasn't paying attention)
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Zeitgeist is the truest film ever. 9/11 was a hoax.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
Zeitgeist is the truest film ever. 9/11 was a hoax.

It's true, I heard it from the reptilian overlords.

ALL HAIL MIGHTY THORAX, KING OF REPTILES AND MAMMALS ALIKE.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by courtkid1012
Anyone watch Surviving Disaster last night? I thought there would be a thread but surprisingly enough there wasn't. Tuesday nights 10PM on Spike.

Basically each week they go through a disaster like an earthquake, office building on fire, etc. and this guy shows you how to live.

Last night was a plane hijacking. It was really good, but I don't like how he tells you things. They make it like you're on the plane and he's guiding you through what to do with horribly chose shots by the director. Overall I liked the idea of it and it was really cool, just the director should be fired.

(Episode synopsis
Basically he said comply with the terrorists until everything is under control, then make an alarm for 3 minutes on a phone and throw it a few rows in front of you when they don't see. When it goes off they check it out and then attack at a good moment with about 4-6 people. Once you have them restrained then you break into the cockpit, take out the guy, and grab the yolk (steering thing). Go to 121.5 on the radio and tell them you've taken over the plane ASAP or the jet fighters will take you down. Then autopilot it to the airport they tell you and land it.

Well thats the idea behind the sleeper...its his job to pretend to be one of you until he's needed..
i have no idea how to counter it though
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Kensai

David Icke is a nutter.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Kensai

DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY RELIGION YOU NORWEGIAN EUROTRASH!
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
i dont really intend to get back on the threads topic, but i dvr the show im going to watch it tonight
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
well if you're coming from america, if he's not white or black, and he smells bad, i think you've got the sleeper
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
that show is ****ing retarded. didn't anyone here see the episode of mythbusters where they proved with a simulator that you can't be given directions on how to land a plane? really, who's a more reliable source? some jackass on spike, or some scientists on the discovery channel?
I watched it. Enjoyed it.
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
I thought the show seriously sucked. I'm hoping it will get better with more episodes.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
that show is ****ing retarded. didn't anyone here see the episode of mythbusters where they proved with a simulator that you can't be given directions on how to land a plane? really, who's a more reliable source? some jackass on spike, or some scientists on the discovery channel?

I thougt they did land it on mythbusters.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I actually was planning on it, then it slipped my mind.
I hope I can find it online..
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.