I just order ordered a new Blackstar HT-5 ministack for $349.00 shipped (with FedEx 3-day to Alaska!) and I am in need of a good reverb since this amp does not come with it. My budget is probably about $100 but I can stretch it or wait a month if it's absolutely crucial that I consider X or Y reverb peddle.

A few things:

1) I don't know how to solder to ones that I have to homebrew are out unless it takes only screwing and easy stuff like that.

2) I am not a big fan of modelers but some are well done (Line 6 DL4 for example)

3) Being that I live in Alaska, I am limited in the pedals that I can try personally. Yes there are music stores here like Best buy - which is like a smaller GC - and a few local dealers but they don't carry every peddle especially a lot of boutique ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. - Musician's friend is having a killer deal right now if you CALL to order (I got 15% off my amp and $10 shipping with FedEx). Just letting you guys know...
There are a lot of good reverb pedals out there in that budget. The Digitech Hardwire is a great buy, the Boss FDR-1 if your into that old school spring sound, but I hear that the Sping Chicken is better (Never used it though). I have used the FDR-1 and it was pretty sweet.

I like my Line 6 Verbzilla, and many others do as well. Just dont tell Grisky that your thinking od getting one. (Just teasing you Grisky). There's a lot of good buys. The EHX Cathedral should be out and about right now, right? Thats another to dry your hands on. One of the coolest multi effects boxs I ever used was the EHX Holy Stain, thats got some Reverb and Pitch Shifting options.

All in all, Reverb is one of the best tools for effects, and there's tons of it out there. Check out some online you tube vids if you dont have a GC or something nearby.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I second the Digitech Hardwire Reverb, I personally don't own one but it is worth every penny, I will buy one when ever I am in need of a reverb pedal. Also, did you get your HT-5S used because $349 is so cheap, in the UK it costs us £400 new which is $650. Good luck.
I really like the Hardwire Reverb and am thinking about picking one up as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It's a very versatile pedal.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by livnew
I second the Digitech Hardwire Reverb, I personally don't own one but it is worth every penny, I will buy one when ever I am in need of a reverb pedal. Also, did you get your HT-5S used because $349 is so cheap, in the UK it costs us £400 new which is $650. Good luck.

$349 American NEW. Sick huh? Thank God for economic turndowns (when you're not feeling much of its effect). Oh yeah, that Spring Chicken sounds great. I'm seriously thinking about getting into one of those.
Last edited by redvetteZ06 at Sep 2, 2009,
Look into the Hardwire and Verbzilla as mentioned. Also consider the Marshall Reflector Reverb.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION