Hi, just wondering what everyone thinks is the best lasting and sounding strings. I've been using Ernie Ball regulars and they seem to get warped and dull within a few days. Any suggestions? Also i play a lot of blues and alt rock stuff.
I think ernie ball has some titanium strings that are supposed to last a long time.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Any coated string will last you a good while.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
DR black beauties.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
If you like the EB regulars, I would highly suggest getting the titanium coated ones. They last a lot longer than the regulars, and they sound roughly the same. They also don 't get dull as fast. I've had mine on my strat for 3 months now, and they still sound broken in, but not dull.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
I personally use DR strings, usually the Tite Fits. I have played many sets of DR strings and they usually last a while (for me) compared to Markley, Ernie Ball, Rotosound, etc. The Hi-Beams have been my choice of string on bass for years, and the guitar version is amazing as well. A little brighter than the Tite Fits, but some people prefer that.

However, you may also want to look in to Snake Oil strings. A little pricey, but they sound phenomenal and last quite a while. I can't be bothered to order strings every time I want a new set, but the set I did play (the rock set) lasted months and sounded amazing. Very harmonic and musical, with great feel (almost coated smoothness without the gross coating).

http://www.sobstrings.net/
Dunlop and yes i have tried rotosound and ernie ball and nothing compares. Dirt cheap too.
Legend.
Go with the Elixirs. They are wonderful strings that last me 6 months, they are very strong and durable. The coating lasts forever no matter how much you play. It's worth it to pay $10.00 for 6 months worth of play.
dunlop strings are the best sounding and longest lasting in my opinion, better then dadderio and dunlop combined! and ive tried em all trust me
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
The GHS David Gilmour Boomers are pretty excellent for the price, so are DR Tite Fits.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Elixirs tend to be the general consensus for the sweaty crowd who destroy strings in a matter of hours

I use D'Addarios and enjoy them

The majority of people agree that GHS is **** and should be avoided.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
IMO, most of them are about the same.

EDIT: I meant they all last the same amount of time (roughly), some sound very different though.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Sep 2, 2009,