Poll: What effect should I go for next?
Poll Options
View poll results: What effect should I go for next?
Delay
14 40%
Reverb
2 6%
Chorus
4 11%
Wah
15 43%
Voters: 35.
Well so far I have a BOSS DS-2 and an Epiphone Les Paul (if that matters) and my mom going to buy me a pedal of my choice for my birthday and I don't know which to get.

Lately I've been playing a bit funk, but I mainly just make up my own stuff and to be honest I don't really know what to describe it as. I don't really know which I should go for first. I didn't really think much about getting a wah pedal though but knowing that Ibanez is re releasing their WH10 pedal for $99 I began thinking about getting one.

Thanks in advance
If I were you I would check out the new Ibanez paul Gilbert Airplane Flanger. Seems like an awesome flanger pedal if you could consider that.

Otherwise I would go with a delay pedal since that can really open up your tone and playing.
Get a nice delay pedal, I'm gonna buy the digitech hardwire delay and looper, so much shiz you can play around with on that thing.
I you dont know what pedal to get, then DONT GET ONE
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by Gakbez
I you dont know what pedal to get, then DONT GET ONE

This. No point getting a pedal for the sake of it. Find out what you like first before impulse buying something.
Quote by aaronni
This. No point getting a pedal for the sake of it. Find out what you like first before impulse buying something.

Well I know I'm going to get all 4 of those at one point or another, I've played around with all those effects and really like them. I just don't know which one to go for first.
What amp do you have ?

For some reason I think it's going to be an MG..
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
What amp do you have ?

For some reason I think it's going to be an MG..

Well currently I'm using a Fender Rumble 15 and I occasionally use a Squier SKX 15R.
Quote by Z0S07657
Well I know I'm going to get all 4 of those at one point or another, I've played around with all those effects and really like them. I just don't know which one to go for first.

Ah right fair enough then. To be honest from looking at your profile all of those effects would come in handy, you might not use the wah as much as you'd plan to though. Personally I'd go with delay, maybe chorus first. They'd probably be used the most with those artists.
Don't buy pedals yet. Buy a new amp instead. FX pedals would be a waste of money and not make you sound any better.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
you play songs that include wah riffs/solos?

i got mine since december and use it like for alot of songs
I would suggest getting a Peavey Vypyr or a similar modelling amp. You can get the 15 watt version for $99.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
he wants a pedal not an amp

i'd go for a delay =) how much can your mother spend? under 200$ i'd go for the tc electronic nova repeater, it's amazing and has a tap tempo feature. if you can go up to 250$, the line6 DL4 is great too. if you have to be lower than all that, maybe a carl martin red repeat, digitech hardwire delay, electroharmonix memory boy
For $250 he could get an AC4TV
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i second the ac4tv....ive got one...great amp for what its meant for....will make the ds1 sound better...pedal wise...ive been buying everyhting except for what i really want which is a delay/looper....id get that...wahs are cool....my chorus is one here and there....whammy i use surprisingly alot...GO DELAY!
Gear:
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
Standard Tele
Ltd EC-400
Boss Super Chorus
Cry Baby
15" MacBook Pro
Akai MPD 24
check out the dunlop kh95 wah..i love mine
i sold my classic crybaby and my crybaby from hell after i bought it
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Go for Delay is very important for your tone..Boss DD-3 or Digitech Hardwire DL-8 wolud be great (digitech has also some looper features)
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150
Gibson Les Paul Signature T VS

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Boss DD-3, NS-1, CS3, CH1, TU-3
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator