Hey,
I'm in the market for a guitar in the 750-1000$ price range.
I play rock, blues and jazz.
Here's what I'm looking for:
Quilt maple top (i just LOVE the look)
Fixed bridge
At least 2 humbuckers

I'm not particular about much else like shape, etc.

This one is almost perfect; except that it doesn't have a neck pickup.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fernandes-Monterery-Elite-Electric-Guitar?sku=241921

I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Vatsan
Try looking for a PRS CE22 on eBay
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Schecter C-1 Classic. Pretty much exactly what you asked for.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
You could swap out the sustainer on the linked guitar.

Other than that, I would HIGHLY recommend a Schecter C-1 classic with a quilted maple top.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
My mate's got a C-1 Classic; its real nice, but I'm gonna keep this guitar for quite a few years to come, so I don't want to be hasty. I want to look at all the options first, including the not-so-famous brands.
Carvin SH65 Semi Hollow
Carvin Allan Holdsworth HF2 Fatboy
Carvin DC400
Carvin DC127
Carvin DC135
Carvin DC150
Carvin TL60
Carvin C66

All for under $1100. The first too are around $1079~$1099. The others are under $1000.
Quote by vatsan
Hey,
I'm in the market for a guitar in the 750-1000$ price range.
I play rock, blues and jazz.
Here's what I'm looking for:
Quilt maple top (i just LOVE the look)
Fixed bridge
At least 2 humbuckers

I'm not particular about much else like shape, etc.

This one is almost perfect; except that it doesn't have a neck pickup.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fernandes-Monterery-Elite-Electric-Guitar?sku=241921

I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Vatsan

....But the guitar you posted does have a neck pickup..
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
I dunno how much they go for...but you could look at one of the old Peavey EVH signatures. They don't make them any more so you would need to look on ebay or for someone selling a used one.

Two humbuckers, quilted or flamed maple top and some of the USA versions had a fixed bridge.
Top lel.
check out warmoth. they've got bodies and necks in their showcase that you can pick from (slightly cheaper) or you can place a special order (little bit more). you can have the bodies routed for whatever you like, and some of their stuff has insane figuring you just wouldn't find on a production guitar, and for less too! you definitely get more than what you pay for with them.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
@wair138: Its not a neck pickup, its a Fernandes Sustainer. It adds sustain by creating a magnetic field that makes the strings vibrate, giving infinite sustain. But you end up losing the tonal options of a neck pickup.

@All: Thanks. Keep your suggestions coming in!

Cheers,
Vatsan
@LifeisaBullet16:

So what is the work you have to put in a Warmoth guitar. Just assembly with hardware and electronics or or do you actually have to drill, cut, etc.?
If its just assembly then it would be perfect because Ive modded the crap out of my previous guitars and it would be nice to choose your pickups...
Bareknuckles anyone? :evil:
its not that one i was talking about, im talking about this:

http://www.penmachine.com/musicpages/musicimages/peavey_wolfgang.jpg

beautiful guitars. I've got one of the cheaper special ones with a floyd and its amazing. It only has a dive only trem though (non-floating but still double locking)

edit: they stopped making them when Eddie Van Halen stopped endorsing them so you would need to use ebay or something. I tried out on of the new Peavey HP series in a shop and didn't like it as much
Top lel.
Last edited by the memory at Sep 2, 2009,
hmmm, will have to take a closer look at them. look pretty nice though.

i went to the Warmoth site. getting the body, the neck and the finish just right is going to throw it way out of my budget. + hardware and electronics. cant afford it

even Carvin guitars become too expensive once you start putting in the nice paint jobs.
oh well...
just assembly for a warmoth. if you pick something with a pickguard you'll have to drill holes for the pickguard to mount on, but chances are if you've modded stuff before then drilling a tiny screw hole is fine for you. nothing's installed (like pickups or electronics). check this link out

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116894
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by vatsan
what do you guys think about this? haven't heard about the brand, but the guitar looks fantastic!
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Glory-Electric-Guitar?sku=513848
plus, it saves me enough to get some handwound pickups.

I've always heard good things about Michael Kelly. A local store here used to carry them, and they all played nicely.
Im really liking the Micheal Kelly Patriot Glory. Anybody have any opinions on them?
For the features it has, it sounds a little under priced. how is the build quality, fit and finish on these guitars?
Seriously, even though I am WAY biased, you can't go wrong with a Schechter C-1 Classic. At around $799 they are some of the best sounding guitars in this price range anywhere. I am a proud owner of one and not only is it absolutely beautiful it sounds every bit as good as my friends much more expensive Les Paul. I may be overdoing it a bit there but it really is a fantastic ax! But by all means do your shopping wisely
thanks guys,
im leaning towards the Micheal kelly patriot glory, but i will keep all your suggestions in mind.
ill go play these guitar and see which one feels best.

thanks again
cheers,
Vatsan