We're planning on sending off EPK's to companies to see what we can get endorsed by as we recently got endorsed by a unknown string company, but they approached us. The thin is we don't have the faintest answer about writing one. So I have some questions regarding EPK's and Press Kits that hopefully you can help me with .

1) What is required inside an Electronic Press Kit?
2) What is the most efficient way to write one?
3) Is an EPK just an e-mail version of a Press Kit?
4) How long do they have to be?
5) How many reviews/audio files are too much?

Thanks

Well, a little bio, saying who you are, what type of music you play, how long you've been together, if you've gigged, toured, made an album/demo/EP, etc.
You'd also want some pictures of practises, and live shows if possible

Not sure on what you mean by this.. im guessing the structure? err. professional i suppose

Yes.

not long enough that they get bored, read it through, get some friends and family to read it, see if they get bored.

you'll want a few fan reviews, maybe a review from venue owners, and if you had say.. 11 main songs you'd put on an album / play live, pick 4-5 of what you and others think are the best songs, e.g the most energetic, catchy, emotional songs, and have about 30 - 45 seconds of each, maybe a snip of the verse, into the chorus, maybe show of a bit of the intrumentals or some of your solo's

hope this helped
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
Choose your best songs, don't put loads of stuff in the packets. Also don't bother including some dodgy artwork, it's too hit or miss. Labels / mags prefer to just have a blank CD with the track names on them. [This applies to mailing them to the places more than online, people prefer to have physical copies of stuff if i'm honest.]

Include no more than 2 pictures of the band and make sure you have a SHORT bio. They get so many of these from bands, i met the previous editor of Kerrang and he explained he would get up to 100 a day.
So expanding on this choose your best songs, generally they will only listen to 30 - 40 seconds of a song so make sure you choose your best tracks 2 or 3 will suffice!

Good luck
short bio. photoes, gig vids, apprroximate income over a set period, average number of fans that turn up to a gig, merch sales. These things can be put into graphs or things.

Each week/month record what has happened. I personally have a folder on my computer desktop dedicated to music ahievements. It contains a link to an online resume, scanned copies of certificates/posters, an excel file of income from any of my music endeavours: gigs/royalties/teaching.
I also have a little system of highlighting big tihngs that have happened. In excel, it is a blank column that write little comments in, in word i use a picture that I put in the footer/header of a particularly significant page.
Also have a display folder on my shelf containing all gig posters and certificates.
Just record EVERYTHING. This is good for proof, and even TAX if anyone checks up on you.

No. It commonly comes as a DVD. I did a bit of work experience at a radio station, and it was always the DVDs that got passed around and talked about.
It can also be a website.

Make sure that you make all press kits easily accessible for others.

Try not to bag on too much. Look online for other people's. A lot of bands make there's available online.
If you have it as a DVD you can have a menu with headings such as:
Income/Revenue
Merch Pics
Gig Highlights
Fan base
Sponsors
Bio
etc.

Think about how much time this person has to listen to your stuff. When will they do it? Is it their job to do it?
think about these things. You don't want to be remembered for being the band with the really long audio file.

Ask people who deal with these things. If they know how much effort you have put in to get it absolutely perfect just for them, they will appreciate it and remember you for the hard work and attention to detail.