I am getting two guitars one with 81/85 and one with 81/60 and I was wondering if there is a way to make them sound good on clean for jazz and such.

If I can't I always have my eclipse with jb and 59, which sound really good for clean btw.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Use the guitar with the 81/60. Flip to the 60, and roll back on the volume just a touch.

81/85... good luck with the 85. The 81 and 85 are very similar. The 85 still leaning towards leads, but is a little warmer than the 81. The 81 is just Br00t4Lz!! tone.
A good starting point would be to run 'em at 18 volts. Additonally, if you use your neck pickup for cleans as I do it might be wise to wire a resistor or pot in such that the output of the 85 in the neck pickup is more on the level of the 81 in the bridge. If you need lower output to prevent breakup for some reason, then just get a center-detented volume pot or a second pot and a switch so you can have two volume settings changeable at a flick.

It basically boils down to wiring... at least in my experience. You can get a passable clean with just tweaking your amp alone, but they sound a LOT better if you do some electronics tweaks.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
The EMG 60 is perfect for cleans. The 81, not so much; it is better for rhythm/lead. I haven't tried the 85, but i think it is good for rhythm. The 60 is the best for cleans. And if your worried about it not being clean enough, the guitar does have a volume knob I run mine about halfway with the module gain at 3 o'clock, module level at 9-11 o'clock, and master volume at 9 o'clock (blackface module for randall MTS). It sounds great and doesn't get distorted.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
2bh if your playing guitars with EMGs im expecting you to play metal, in that situation the 85 and the 60 will do, they're fine for any clean sections you may find in metal songs,l largely because they are played with them
ENGL E530 pre amp
Marshall 8008 power amp
Vox Night train 1x12 cab

Dean Razorback V

Major Gas for an esp/ltd eclipse
Quote by awesomehamish
2bh if your playing guitars with EMGs im expecting you to play metal, in that situation the 85 and the 60 will do, they're fine for any clean sections you may find in metal songs,l largely because they are played with them

I play everything.

Metal mostly, rock, country, blues, jazz, pop.

I love my clean sounds though.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
18V mod should help a LOT.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
18V mod should help a LOT.

it does indeed. i made mine switchable between 9v/18v and 18v has a way warmer, fatter, open tone about it in a clean setting.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.