I just bought a used dunlop crybaby for 15 bucks..Everything works perfectly but the *wheel* doesnt hold the wah up/back like it normally would. If I go to turn the wah off by pressing back on the pedal...it will just fall straight down and there is no resistance keeping it from falling down and turning on. What can I do to fix this problem?
Quote by Doc Smiley
I just bought a used dunlop crybaby for 15 bucks..Everything works perfectly but the *wheel* doesnt hold the wah up/back like it normally would. If I go to turn the wah off by pressing back on the pedal...it will just fall straight down and there is no resistance keeping it from falling down and turning on. What can I do to fix this problem?

Theres a nylon tab inside that needs to be adjusted that rides on the gear that controls the switch for the wah. Pretty easy to do. Remove all 4 of the rubber feet and then you'll be able to see inside and get a good look.

Plus a healthy glob of lithium greese on that slider will help put some resistance.
2 Jay Turser JT-220 Les Paul Copys W/ Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pick ups.
2008 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 100 Watt tube amp
1966 Fender Bandmaster Tube amp with 2 2x12 cabs
Effects- Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay
Last edited by SlashWannabe1 at Sep 2, 2009,
There is already a ton of greese on the wheel. I just opened it up and tried to tighten/adjust the nylon tab but that didnt help. It is still falling foward..Any other ideas?
Theres a metal strap with screws at each end that provide the resistance for the treddle. The screws need to be tight to clamp down on the cross pin. 1 of the nuts is easy to get to next to the batt, the other is under the PC board.
I have to step on mine prettty hard to turn it on/off. hard to believe the weight alone is clicking the power switch. but $15 is still a good deal. is it one of the old ones?
I am not at my house right now but I believe it is the 95Q model. The only screw i found to tighten was the one with the nylon plastic. I will look for the other screws you are talking about and see if I can tighten those.
Quote by Tackleberry
Theres a metal strap with screws at each end that provide the resistance for the treddle. The screws need to be tight to clamp down on the cross pin. 1 of the nuts is easy to get to next to the batt, the other is under the PC board.

I believe the screw I found was under the PC Board. I removed the plate from the back of the wah and tighten the screw that was pushing against the pin..that did not help. I will look for the other screw you are talking about in your message and see if that helps.