Ok, ive always been a guitarist when I played in bands, but I got a job playing bass for a group. Ive been playing bass for a few years, mostly for school in the jazz band. So I dont have an amp that would be large enough to use for practice and gigs. Im selling some extra guitars and gear to fund a new amp, and Im looking for my budget to be around $800 or $900 dollars for an amp, and maybe a back up bass. They are a rock group, and I will be playing stuff like from saliva, seether, creed, alterbridge, tom petty, and the allman brothers. I was looking at an Ampeg ba 115, but Ive heard good stuff about Acoustic amps also. How well would these work for this music? Any other suggestions? and lastly, I will be using a Fender MIM Jazz bass, possibly a traben 5 string, and im looking into getting an OLP Music Man Stingray and upgrading it. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
/half wall of text

With your budget, you can do better than acoustic and low end ampeg. You need to spend much more -if not all- on your amp. The backup bass can come later.

I've heard that ashdown has a nice rock tone, check out their MAG heads and cabs. I like Kustom, and Carvin in another bet. There's a thread on hartke hydrive combos, they look quite nice too. Used is your best bet for the best bang for buck
Thats what I was thinking. Yeah, I know its a lot but I wanted to make sure I got all the details. Ill look into a few different ashdowns, ampegs and Hartkes. And those basses are loners until I make enough off of the gigs to buy my own...because I have a Squire affinity...So thanks for that. I dont know that much about bass amps. I guess I should learn.
Not so much that it's a lot, it's just a big block of letters. Spacing is nice

So, right now you only have the squier affinity? And those other basses you'd like to buy to be your new main and a backup?

If I understood the above correctly: I think you should leave the bass alone for now, as much as it may suck. The amp will give you better tone, as you'll hear often.
I would recommend the Hartke Hydrives. They're the best amp I've played that is in your budget. Like other posters have said, leave the bass until after the amp. That's what I'm doing.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Yeah, Im borrowing those basses right now. And Im getting the amp first. I can get along withthesquire for now but I dont have a decent bass amp period. I still have to sell my guitars and stuff first though. Also, I was looking for a second bass because the band does a lot of cover songs, as well as originals and they use several tunings, which could be a problem with one bass.
Just tune between songs. If you get a Korg Pitchblack you can put it in your rig and it'll be faster and cheaper than switching basses throughout the set. It's what my band does.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3

Gear I Have:
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
what kind of tunings will you be playing in? It might be beneficial to get a five string bass for drop c and b tuning. My ibanez can take low A quite well, for example
He won't have the money right away if he's getting an amp first. I would still suggest getting an amp and pedal tuner to start, it's his cheapest scenario.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3

Gear I Have:
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Im going to playing in Standard, C# and drop C. Im borrowing the traben and the jazz bass for shows as of now. Im doing it more to upgrade my equipment. Im focused on getting an amp and Im buying a bass once I save up enough from the shows. I want to use two basses to save time between songs and keep things going. I know a tuner would be cheaper but I still would like to get a better bass.
Oh yeah, there's nothing wrong with having a better bass. But you need the amp first priority, and the tuner would be a cost effective solution until you can afford a better bass.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3

Gear I Have:
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Yeah, I get what you are saying. So, any specific amps companies or models you would advise?