Page 5 of 96
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I say we make a contest,which element is the best?
I vote water.

חחח כן אפשר לרשום מה שרוצים,עד שכרמל תביא לנו באן

I second your vote.

ובגלל שכרמל היא אדמין, זה די בעיה... שום דבר נגד כרמל, האדמין הכי טובה בהיסטוריה של האתר! *מתפלל לא לקבל באן* חחח
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd consider Metal and Sand bending to be under the category of Earth bending tbh.

Sandbending? Wtf is this, Naruto

Quote by jimmyled
I second your vote.

ובגלל שכרמל היא אדמין, זה די בעיה... שום דבר נגד כרמל, האדמין הכי טובה בהיסטוריה של האתר! *מתפלל לא לקבל באן* חחח

חחחח,תיזהר היא צופה בך!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Earth. Sand. Metal. You got some iron in you too we'll bend that too.

Earth FTW
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by darkcheef
Sandbending? Wtf is this, Naruto

*Sand bender*

Zomg they copied from Avatar!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
The cartoon was brilliant. The movie, however, was terrible and racist.

/thread
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I think you're the first person here that didn't say it was the worst movie ever.

I'll be the second to say it then. The movie alone i didn't think was that bad, but there's no argument from me that in comparison to the series the movie really sucked. Even then, i didn't think it was as bad as the reviews make it seem.

Quote by Jon777
3D isn't all that great anyway. And apparently they made a poor use of the 3D in the movie.

Yeah they did. There wasn't much 3D in it at all.

I'm really excited for the new series. I have no doubts it'll be amazing and i'm actually sort of glad that their going in the 100 years later direction. It gives the creators the ability to do whatever they want and also gives them more of a chance to be creative. I mean yeah, just a continuation of the original would be cool, but i think it'd have the feeling of a sequel and wouldn't work out well.

Edit: My vote will go towards Air.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
חחחח,תיזהר היא צופה בך!

Always watching... O_o

טוב, הלכתי לישון. לילה טוב, בור!

אולי יותר נכון להגיד בוקר, בגלל שכבר יש שמש.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by Spartan070sarge
The cartoon was brilliant. The movie, however, was terrible and racist.

/thread

They got it completely backwards. The Fire Nation was clearly white, and in the movie, everyone else was played by white people.

Edit:
Quote by Pookie6
I'll be the second to say it then. The movie alone i didn't think was that bad, but there's no argument from me that in comparison to the series the movie really sucked. Even then, i didn't think it was as bad as the reviews make it seem.

I hated everything about it. Not even just as a bad interpretation of the cartoon; the characters were like cardboard and every plot point seemed as if it was just told to the audience instead of being explained.

I'm really excited for the new series. I have no doubts it'll be amazing and i'm actually sort of glad that their going in the 100 years later direction. It gives the creators the ability to do whatever they want and also gives them more of a chance to be creative. I mean yeah, just a continuation of the original would be cool, but i think it'd have the feeling of a sequel and wouldn't work out well.

Agreed. If they tried to continue the series, even small mistakes would appear horrible because it "wouldn't be true to the original."
Last edited by archangels at Jul 18, 2010,
Quote by jimmyled
Always watching... O_o

טוב, הלכתי לישון. לילה טוב, בור!

מה אני עושה ער מהההה.

How was the movie racist?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by archangels
They got it completely backwards. The Fire Nation was clearly white, and in the movie, everyone else was played by white people.

Well that proves it. M. Night is racist.

Isn't he Indian or something? How he have so much racist subtext in his film then?
Quote by archangels

That was ridiculous

My dad saw it and he had no idea how much that movie had compared to the show
Quote by archangels

I don't have a picture of it, but I believe the name of the episode is Bitter Work. You could always watch it online and take a screenshot of it.

Thanks man,I was wondering on how to do that,Its an awesome avatar too
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I haven't watched the movie (I've heard it was god awful from people who will enjoy pretty much every movie), did they cast the water tribe with inuit people? If they didn't they totally fail.
it's funny, my girlfriend likes that show and i watched a few episodes with her and ending up liking it.

however i'll just pass on the movie.
Go Veg.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I haven't watched the movie (I've heard it was god awful from people who will enjoy pretty much every movie), did they cast the water tribe with inuit people? If they didn't they totally fail.

Nope. All the non-Fire Nation main characters were white. All the Fire Nation characters were Indian, when they should have been white (I guess we all know which element M. Night prefers ). The only Asians in the movie were just randoms that the gang ran into.
Quote by archangels
Nope. All the non-Fire Nation main characters were white. All the Fire Nation characters were Indian, when they should have been white (I guess we all know which element M. Night prefers ). The only Asians in the movie were just randoms that the gang ran into.

How can you fuck that up? Seriously, it was so blatantly obvious that the water tribes were aboriginal and the fire tribe people were white. @ bold, wait a second, are you implying that the water tribe people were asian? Please tell me it's just me being tired.

This thread brought back epic nostalgia of watching this with my girlfriends little sister.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
How can you fuck that up? Seriously, it was so blatantly obvious that the water tribes were aboriginal and the fire tribe people were white. @ bold, wait a second, are you implying that the water tribe people were asian? Please tell me it's just me being tired.

This thread brought back epic nostalgia of watching this with my girlfriends little sister.

Water tribe should of been

Quote by Thrashtastic15
@ bold, wait a second, are you implying that the water tribe people were asian? Please tell me it's just me being tired.

No. The Earthies are Asian. There are hardly any actual Asians in the movie. There are no Inuits or even people resembling Inuits in the movie. Guess I should've clarified that.
the point of the show wasn't the race of the characters. i hope there is a sequel, I want to see some CG lightning bending. Plus, the dude who played Iroh is a fuckin great actor.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
the point of the show wasn't the race of the characters. i hope there is a sequel, I want to see some CG lightning bending. Plus, the dude who played Iroh is a fuckin great actor.

Interestingly, all the Fire Nation actors did great with what they had. Sadly, what they had amounted to nothing.

I constantly forgot that Iroh was Iroh because he neither looked nor sounded like him.

Zuko's lines were terrible and his scar was hardly anything. Most of his screen time was spent trying to look angry.

The fact that Ozai was in it at all made me rage uncontrollably. In the show, they didn't even show his face until the third season, making him seem God-like because of how evil he was. In the movie, he just showed up onscreen without any sort of introduction, like he was some minor character.

Edit: I always have to laugh when race in that movie gets brought up, actually. Everyone complains that all the actors are white, when the creators of the show were American dudes who don't really know that much about Asian culture anyway.
Last edited by archangels at Jul 19, 2010,
Quote by jimmyled
Well that proves it. M. Night is racist.

Isn't he Indian or something? How he have so much racist subtext in his film then?

M. Night wasn't involved in casting. I've heard that originally, the main characters were cast based on their elasticities in the show, but the producers or someone wanted the protagonists to be white, so they recast them as white people. I have no idea where they got the Fire Nation as being Indian.

Either way, it is absolutely disgusting. I mean, the powers that be literally ordered the whitewashing of the protagonists...

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You cant do anything interesting with fire,.

I always figured Air was the most useless type of bending. Mostly defensive with very few means of taking down your opponent. Since Aang can also waterbend, he could probably make a hurricane, but not much else. Fire has Lightning, Water has blood-bending (which is so cool and creepy), and Earth has sand and metal bending.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
M. Night wasn't involved in casting. I've heard that originally, the main characters were cast based on their elasticities in the show, but the producers or someone wanted the protagonists to be white, so they recast them as white people. I have no idea where they got the Fire Nation as being Indian.

Either way, it is absolutely disgusting. I mean, the powers that be literally ordered the whitewashing of the protagonists...

Oh wow. I never heard that side of it. That paints a completely different picture of the whole thing.

Quote by Kutless Rocker
I always figured Air was the most useless type of bending. Mostly defensive with very few means of taking down your opponent. Since Aang can also waterbend, he could probably make a hurricane, but not much else. Fire has Lightning, Water has blood-bending (which is so cool and creepy), and Earth has sand and metal bending.

Now I'm aware that it's technically a kid's show, so they couldn't really use these, but think about it:

Airbending = Instant suffocation. Brootalz.
Quote by archangels

Now I'm aware that it's technically a kid's show, so they couldn't really use these, but think about it:

Never thought about that before. That would be cool.
I loved the show, the movie was tat. I mean they even pronounced the main protagonist's name wrong.

However, Toph will be in the next film. And according to common sense that makes it a masterpeice.

</Tophfanboy>
Well, about to watch the final episode. Just trying to look for it in HQ. Megavideo isn't cutting it. The torrent I just got was in mono.

I really don't want to watch the movie, but I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself. On one hand I know 100% I'll be extremely disappointed, but on the other hand, I just have to watch it.

edit:
yay, found it on megaupload. 400mb for just one episode. Jeez. Oh and don't call me a pirate yet, I love this series so much, I'll most likely buy all the seasons.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 19, 2010,
Quote by TheReverend724
Seriously?

Yeah, Katara learns how to blood bend in Season 3 from a waterbender that was captured by the fire nation. It allows you to control people like puppets. She only used it once. On the woman that taught it to her because the old lady was trying to kill her.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Jul 19, 2010,
This show was sooooo good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by archangels
Oh wow. I never heard that side of it. That paints a completely different picture of the whole thing.

There's an article about it floating on the Internet (unless M. Night and his zillions of Sixth Sense dollars paid to take it down. If I can manage to find it, I'll post it.

Also, even though it ran on Nickelodeon, I'd say it's too intellectually mature to be called a "kids' show."

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Kutless Rocker
Yeah, Katara learns how to blood bend in Season 3 from a waterbender that was captured by the fire nation. It allows you to control people like puppets. She only used it once. On the woman that taught it to her because the old lady was trying to kill her.

Looks like I'll end up watching it

I only ever caught reruns and early episodes while it was on TV
Quote by JacobTheMe
I loved the show, the movie was tat. I mean they even pronounced the main protagonist's name wrong.

However, Toph will be in the next film. And according to common sense that makes it a masterpeice.

</Tophfanboy>

This is a very good point.

Also, the only character that was perfect in the movie was Azula and her ten seconds of psycho giggling. I'm interested in where they'll take that, even if I have to sit through another wretched two hours of a movie.

Quote by Spartan070sarge

Also, even though it ran on Nickelodeon, I'd say it's too intellectually mature to be called a "kids' show."

Well yeah. I honestly think it's a good enough show that it's appealling to a huge audience. I have a few friends who love it as much as I do and we're all around 20ish.

But clearly, being a Nickelodeon cartoon, they have to keep it suitable for kids. No brutal insta-kills onscreen, ya know?
Quote by archangels

Well yeah. I honestly think it's a good enough show that it's appealling to a huge audience. I have a few friends who love it as much as I do and we're all around 20ish.

But clearly, being a Nickelodeon cartoon, they have to keep it suitable for kids. No brutal insta-kills onscreen, ya know?

I'm 18 and I just decided to start watching it a few weeks ago after hearing everyone praise it for so long.

And I just watched the final episode so I can finally say, without a doubt, that was definitely some of the best 20+ hours I've experienced. They really had some great writers.

Now I don't know what to do. I don't have any Avatar to watch when I get home from work.
That show was awesome and pure genius IMO.

And what's bad about watching cartoons if you are post 13?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by archangels
This is a very good point.

Also, the only character that was perfect in the movie was Azula and her ten seconds of psycho giggling. I'm interested in where they'll take that, even if I have to sit through another wretched two hours of a movie.

You know, I've alwas wanted a Roku-avatar (pic under my name, not Avatar), so I could tell you what to do.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by whitenihilist
They are making a new TLA series?? What is it going to be called?

I have one question,Did the cabbage seller appear in the movie?
If he didnt that's a major hole in the plot.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson