I have an amber Telecaster FMT on the way, and I'll have my Peavey Valve-King 112 here by the time it arrives.

I'd like to know what my next piece of equipment should be. I've never used pedals or stomp-boxes, or anything for that matter. I won't be getting anything else soon, but I'm interested in seeing what direction you guys here think I should be looking.

I'm interested in classic rock and blues mostly, but really enjoy playing almost anything...hell, I just learned 2 versions of "Happy Birthday" just to play for my daughters party last Sunday!

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
I'd get a distortion pedal, perhaps, the telecaster FMT's have humbuckers, so you could try the Marshall Guv'nor pedal, i've got one and i like it a lot, some people feel it's a bit too muddy though, but through my les paul it sounds really cool. It's hard to say what kind of pedals you should get without you being more specific, but you could also try to get a compressor or a bluesbreaker though i've never tried the bluesbreaker. If you're into a lot of lead work, a reverb pedal(dunno if your amp already has a reverb channel) and some delay can do wonders for your tone.
If anything, an overdrive pedal maybe? That will help get the amp to distort if you can't crank it. For a better blues tone, you may want to look at a compressor too. Or if you're a complete newb to effects, grab a line 6 or something like that to get a feel for what tones relate to what effects.

Just be careful, pedals can be as addicting as guitars, and before you know it you're spending all your practice time fiddling with knobs!
There's no point asking for suggestions now - wait tilll you've got your new rig and have had time to get used to it. Then if you feel something is lacking or there's a specific sound you're looking to achieve, then is the time to ask for suggestions regarding any other gear you may need.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Just get a line6 pod or something to try out all the effects. Ofcourse they wont be very good but you get a taste of what each effect is and what to use it for. A reverb or overdrive pedal, however, would be my first choice of pedals.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
As far as blues is concerned, the Boss Blues Driver is a decent choice.. Grab one used on the cheap.. Danelectro also makes a really solid tremolos + Reverbs + compressors that I really dig for blues. Wahs are also always fun.. I've heard good things about the budwah, and it's got a nice sound..
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
Honestly, a Boss ME-20 would probobly be a good choice. It's got all the effects you'll ever need plus a built in Bypass Tuner. Plus its all in one 3 switch board and costs less then 2 pedals alone.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by steven seagull
There's no point asking for suggestions now - wait tilll you've got your new rig and have had time to get used to it. Then if you feel something is lacking or there's a specific sound you're looking to achieve, then is the time to ask for suggestions regarding any other gear you may need.

+1

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by steven seagull

+1

the only thing you need is the amp footswitch, but even that isn`t a immediate necessity.