Would it be worth getting a professional wiring job done on my guitar? I've just opened the back of my Epi LP to see what was causing the grounding problem I'm having and that is the WORST wiring I have ever seen. But I have no idea what goes to what 'cos the wiring is just a tangled mass of yellow and the grounding wire from the bridge doesn't even have a coating on it
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

From what you describe it sounds like it'd even be worth having a retarded monkey take a stab at it - so yes.

And I've got a bottom end Epi LP that I rebuilt, yes, the wiring was not impressive, but I've seen just as bad in other makes.

Or even better, take the opportunity to learn how to solder and become good at wiring guitars - once you can you have all sorts of possibilities for pickup and switch configurations.
I did think about doing it myself but, I've no idea where to start, plus I don't have wire strippers and the like. I'm learning to solder by building some simple pedals so next time I will have a stab at it but this time, I'm not brave enough.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

If you can do a pedal you can wire a guitar. Study up (StewMac guitar wiring stuff) and get some basic tools - it pays off in spades later.

But either way, better to have it wired good, and have them add some cavity shielding if it's not too much $.