hey beatles fans,
my friend who drums says ringo starr didn't play on a lot of the beatles albums. he says it was just some session musician. I try to tell him it is some crap. I know that paul played while ringo was out during the White Album.

thanks!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
ringo did actualy contribute. altho it pains me to say it (i hate the beatles, my dad loves em)
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
And I suppose your friend also believes the old rumour that Paul McCartney actually died and they replaced him with a lookalike lol
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
hahaha. he's stupid. bull-headed. he said his drum teacher told him that...

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
He definitely played.
The only track with a session drummer is Love Me do. I'm a huge Beatles fan and you're friend might be half retarded.

It is also true that Paul liked to play drums on most of his later songs, an ironic situation given that one of Paul's biggest influences as a drummer was/is Ringo.
Quote by WhereArtEsteban
He definitely played.
The only track with a session drummer is Love Me do. I'm a huge Beatles fan and you're friend might be half retarded.

It is also true that Paul liked to play drums on most of his later songs, an ironic situation given that one of Paul's biggest influences as a drummer was/is Ringo.

Paul played drums on "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Dear Prudence" after Ringo temporarily quit the band. He also played drums on "The Ballad of John and Yoko" because Ringo wasn't in town and Lennon was in a rush to record it.

I believe those are the only songs Paul played drums on... so I would have to say that Paul playing drums on only one of his songs does not equal "most of his later songs".
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Ringo is a pioneer on the drums, just so you know. If anyone questions that, they must not know about matched grip drumming
Quote by TDMize15
Paul played drums on "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Dear Prudence" after Ringo temporarily quit the band. He also played drums on "The Ballad of John and Yoko" because Ringo wasn't in town and Lennon was in a rush to record it.

I believe those are the only songs Paul played drums on... so I would have to say that Paul playing drums on only one of his songs does not equal "most of his later songs".

I read that in a book. It said the phrase "in the later days Paul liked to play drums on his songs" underneath a picture of Paul playing the drums, I was stoned when I wrote that and was just kind of saying whatever came to mind. haha

He did play on "Martha My Dear" as well.
Last edited by WhereArtEsteban at Sep 2, 2009,
I was read somehwere that Ringo didn't play on some of the very early stuff, because he wasn't tight enough, so they got in a session guy. Don't know if that's true though...
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
I can beleive that. i remember reading something like that in a book.

Quote by cornmancer
I heard he didn't play on Love Me Do either.

I'm pretty sure Love Me Do is the only song that had a session drummer.
he says ringo didn't play on ANY songs.

so i was like "what about when they toured before '66?"

He's like "well of course they used him for touring?"

well wtf why would they NOT use him in the studio?!?!?!

After Pete Best, Ringo took over. Paul and John didn't like Pete because he was good looking and getting all the chicks and attention so they fired him. Ringo was unable to play the beats Paul wanted for several songs on one of their first albums, i forget what songs but they brought in a session player for them. I think there was about 2 or 3. Ringo was one of the first R&R drummers not to hold his sticks jazz style and made everyone change. Pretty unique drum style really, his fills are often imitated.....Oasis.
understood, but where would someone get the idea that the drummer for one of THE best bands didnt play?

Quote by Tempoe
After Pete Best, Ringo took over. Paul and John didn't like Pete because he was good looking and getting all the chicks and attention so they fired him. Ringo was unable to play the beats Paul wanted for several songs on one of their first albums, i forget what songs but they brought in a session player for them. I think there was about 2 or 3. Ringo was one of the first R&R drummers not to hold his sticks jazz style and made everyone change. Pretty unique drum style really, his fills are often imitated.....Oasis.

I'm not sure any of this is true...

Like... any of it.
Quote by TDMize15
I'm not sure any of this is true...

Like... any of it.

As far as early songs, the single version of "love me do" is the only one Ringo didn't play on and it was because George Martin had brought in a session guy because he thought they didn't have a replacement for Pete and he'd never heard Ringo play.

There were lots of reasons for kicking out Pete. Not just one...

The whole thing about jazz style or whatever might be true, I really have no idea.
Everybody needs to hear Ringo's drumming on 'She Said She Said' by teh Beatles. It is inspirational.
He was supposed to have been a really dependable drummer. In all of their recorded sessions, he only missed the beat about 8 times. (Or so I have heard >_> )
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

he really is an amazing drummer, mostly for that time.

my friend is ridiculous

Quote by cornmancer
Keith Moon was better
<.<
>.>

Well, that goes without saying.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by cornmancer
Keith Moon was better
<.<
>.>

Not when it comes to being a reliable time-keeper . I would hate playing with Keith and John backing me.
Ringo was one of the best drummers in Hamburg, he was in Rory and the Hurricanes. One big reason they picked him over anyone else, is that he would hang out with The Beatles after their shows, unlike Pete, who was usually moody and did not like to hang around the Beatles. Pete wasn't a tight drummer either, if you check out "Decca Sessions" recording, the drums are not as appealing as Ringo's. Ringo played on the album version of "Love Me Do" and a session drummer Andy White played on the single version, and Pete Best on the anthology version.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster