because i want to buy the guitar but the neck shape pretty much sells it for me....whats it matter?
They shouldn't be making it any more, MKH left dean along with Corey.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
They shouldn't be making it any more, MKH left dean along with Corey.

Dude i saw them 4 weeks ago and Matt was using his Dean
Quote by pedroskins
Dude i saw them 4 weeks ago and Matt was using his Dean

They left Dean a few months after Shogun was released, Matt's been endorsed again by Gibson for some time now.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
They left Dean a few months after Shogun was released, Matt's been endorsed again by Gibson for some time now.

But wasn't shogun released a year ago?
Yeah, for that reason, I'm saying they left Dean maybe about 8 months ago or so, I'm not sure. Since then I've always seen Matt playing Gibsons and Corey with his Jacksons.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Just because he left Dean doesn'tm ean he has to stop using the guitar it's his, he's free to use it whenever he wants. xD
But aye he's endorsed by Gibson now.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ahhh. Well I was thinking of getting a Dean Razorback but I might get the 7string hellraiser
Quote by higgins666
Yeah, Dean kicked Trivium a while back.
But, you can most likely find a Trivium sig somewhere on the internet, & to answer your question, no, neither of the Trivium sigs have V necks.

Trivium kicked DEAN. They left.

Matt used to just PLAY Gibsons before. Now for the first time he's actual endorsed by them. Corey isn't endorsed by anyone yet, he's supposedly taking his time.

And yeah the Dean MKH and CKB have been discontinued but you should still be able to find a few online.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Last time I checked, Corey is still using a Dean for the seven string songs until he finds a suitable replacement. I'm not sure about Matt though.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Last time I checked, Corey is still using a Dean for the seven string songs until he finds a suitable replacement. I'm not sure about Matt though.

He's using a custom 7 string Explorer Gibson made for him.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
He's using a custom 7 string Explorer Gibson made for him.

thats Matts custom 7 explorer, he also has a custom Gibson V

coreys using a

custom Jackson V KV7 (cant buy these in stores)

his Dean CBV7

and Dean Zelinsky from DBZ guitars said hes made corey a custom 7 Venom

Edit: yes and TRIVIUM left Dean due to QC and headstocks falling and stapping, happend to both Matt and Corey
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Sep 3, 2009,
I tried Matt Heafy's sig, and I hated the neck.

Trivium left Dean, and Corey's endorsed by Jackson according to his Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Beaulieu

I asked around, and people have caught him using a custom Jackson King V Seven String with Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

Matt's endorsed by Gibson.

TS, don't get the Razorback. Get the Hellraiser. Please.
I heard Corey is looking into ESP and Jackson
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by kakos
thats Matts custom 7 explorer, he also has a custom Gibson V

coreys using a

custom Jackson V KV7 (cant buy these in stores)

his Dean CBV7

and Dean Zelinsky from DBZ guitars said hes made corey a custom 7 Venom

Edit: yes and TRIVIUM left Dean due to QC and headstocks falling and stapping, happend to both Matt and Corey

Yup. correct. I saw them at Mayhem Fest and he's using a 7 string gibson explorer and the 7 string Dean Razorback
well i ordered a corey custom dean and it had a v neck im pretty sure.v's are the ones with like the random hump in the middle of the neck.??im not 100% sure but it straigned(sp?)my hand bad.if you know what neck the corey had please let me know and let me know what a v feels like...thanks
Quote by pedroskins
Ahhh. Well I was thinking of getting a Dean Razorback but I might get the 7string hellraiser
do this please
Quote by axl-is-awesome
well i ordered a corey custom dean and it had a v neck im pretty sure.v's are the ones with like the random hump in the middle of the neck.??im not 100% sure but it straigned(sp?)my hand bad.if you know what neck the corey had please let me know and let me know what a v feels like...thanks

i spoke to corey's guitar tutor (Bill Pierce sp?)) and he said that its a softened V, a mix between a V and a C profile neck....
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by OverNightBear
do this please

I think I will. It's a lot less than the 7 string razorback and I don't have to deal with the floyd rose. I would get a floyd rose but I don't have anyone to teach me how to restring it and what not. I looked it up on youtube but it didn't help me too much