well i have an old guitar that i need help in re-wiring. but this kind of re-wiring is insane. i have no idea what goes where lol. just look at this stuff.

im not 100% sure. but if somebody could help me find a schematic for this itd be great. its a carvin dc200 with active electronics. and it has 2 input jacks lol.

i think this one might work

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/carvinpickupwiringschematic.html

im not sure though. can anybody tell me?
Classical Guitarist
rip it all out and start new
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
^+1.

Thats I did with my GF's vintage guitar. Wiring was all ****ed, so I just started from scratch.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Winman9999
rip it all out and start new
Quote by JoePerry4life
^+1.

Thats I did with my GF's vintage guitar. Wiring was all ****ed, so I just started from scratch.
Come here, boys. I have something for you...

Only an idiot would race to rip out the old before making a reasonable effort to understand and repair it. It very well might be the final decision is to gut this. But a decision like that is not made lightly.

Quote by Zep_shizzle
well i have an old guitar that i need help in re-wiring.
why does it need rewiring? what's wrong with the way it is right now?

Quote by Zep_shizzle
im not 100% sure. but if somebody could help me find a schematic for this itd be great. its a carvin dc200 with active electronics. and it has 2 input jacks lol.

i think this one might work

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/carvinpickupwiringschematic.html

im not sure though. can anybody tell me?
The pics and the diagrams appear the same, but it's not possible to accurately trace the wires in the drawing. You'll need to do that in-person.

I don't think it's active electronics. Does it use a battery?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Come here, boys. I have something for you...

Only an idiot would race to rip out the old before making a reasonable effort to understand and repair it. It very well might be the final decision is to gut this. But a decision like that is not made lightly.

why does it need rewiring? what's wrong with the way it is right now?

The pics and the diagrams appear the same, but it's not possible to accurately trace the wires in the drawing. You'll need to do that in-person.

I don't think it's active electronics. Does it use a battery?

well nothings wrong with them its just that soon ill be putting in different pick ups but i want to find a good schematic first. i really dont want to pay to get em placed in lol. and trust me man. if you look up a carvin dc200 youll see it has active electronics. but mine does not use a battery. youll see what i mean. just look on carvins website.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Zep_shizzle
well nothings wrong with them its just that soon ill be putting in different pick ups but i want to find a good schematic first. i really dont want to pay to get em placed in lol.
the diagram you linked to has a lot of desireable features. If you want them, it wouldn't be too hard to keep what you have and wire new pickups into the existing circuit. If not, just do what they said an rip it all out and start over. Your call.

Quote by Zep_shizzle
and trust me man. if you look up a carvin dc200 youll see it has active electronics. but mine does not use a battery. youll see what i mean. just look on carvins website.
If yours doesn't use a battery, it doesn't have active electronics. It's as simple as that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.