Poll: Is your favorite genre metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is your favorite genre metal?
Yes
63 41%
No
90 59%
Voters: 153.
Page 1 of 2
every thread i look through on here where songs or music is involved (which is alot) everyone is always obsessed with metal. Don't get me wrong i have nothing against it, i just don't listen to it. I mostly listen to 60's 70's and 80's classic rock type stuff (minus whatever metal was in the 80's). So basically, is your favorite genre metal? cause it seems like everyone's is.

P.S. Don't flame me, i have nothing against metal, listen to what you want and don't let people stop you, im just curious how big the metal crowd is here at UG
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
no tis not my favorite
I'm not gay, a lot of people think I'm gay. I have a girlfriend, she thinks I'm gay.
No man metal is ok but it's just not my cup of tea! dont get me wrong the musicians who play metal are extremely talented! I just prefer music where I can hear what the singer is saying and music with more feel and melodie.
No, it's my second favorite.

I'm more of a blues guy myself, but since Metal is such a frequent genre discussed on here, I seem like the average metalhead. Really not so much. I don't even listen to much metal actually, just metalcore.

I do find it damn fun to play though. I love whatever original metal riff I wip out on my guitar more than any song to date.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by tennisace
every thread i look through on here where songs or music is involved (which is alot) everyone is always obsessed with metal. Don't get me wrong i have nothing against it, i just don't listen to it. I mostly listen to 60's 70's and 80's classic rock type stuff (minus whatever metal was in the 80's). So basically, is your favorite genre metal? cause it seems like everyone's is.

P.S. Don't flame me, i have nothing against metal, listen to what you want and don't let people stop you, im just curious how big the metal crowd is here at UG

I'm happy that this site is filled with mostly metal (wish there was more blues, jazz, and classical but whatever). It is a release for me because everything around me is either Hip Hop, Pop, Rock or Indie. I Like to add that I do like some artists from thoughs genres.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Sep 2, 2009,
Not really. Some of my favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Megadeth. But that's where the metal pretty much stops. I'm mostly into Classic Rock(Zeppelin, Floyd, The Who etc.)

Quote by Git-fidle9
No man metal is ok but it's just not my cup of tea! dont get me wrong the musicians who play metal are extremely talented! I just prefer music where I can hear what the singer is saying and music with more feel and melodie.

Me thinks you're not listening to the right kind of metal. Not all metal is screaming and all the music I listen to has feel and melody.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Sep 2, 2009,
Yes, but i listen to almost everything.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'm not a metalhead. I like some metal, especially prog metal, but I'm not metalhead at all, I prefer classic rock, jazz and a bit of blues... Oh yeah and a ton of 80's pop. Gotta love my Cyndi
Classical music for me

Although black metal is one of my favorite genres
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
7 yes's and 17 no's.

TS's theory appears flawed.

And no, metal is not my favorite genre. I prefer psychedelia, blues rock, psych-pop, progressive rock, and whatever you classify this as.

(by "whatever THIS is" I mean "Could somebody please tell me what you would call this stuff?")

EDIT: But stoner metal with non-harsh vocals is the SHIT!

And Opeth, Opeth is the only band with growling vocals that I really like.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by Git-fidle9

Metal isn't all growling and crunching chromatic power chord progressions, dude. Go listen to some Dio.

As for me, my top 3 genres are classic rock, metal, and jazz.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by wizards?
I'm not a metalhead. I like some metal, especially prog metal, but I'm not metalhead at all, I prefer classic rock, jazz and a bit of blues... Oh yeah and a ton of 80's pop. Gotta love my Cyndi
we have the same taste in music.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Yes, Metal is my favorite genre.

But that's not saying it's all I listen to. I'm very open minded when it comes to.. well, everything.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by crazy8rgood
7 yes's and 17 no's.

TS's theory appears flawed.

And no, metal is not my favorite genre. I prefer psychedelia, blues rock, psych-pop, progressive rock, and whatever you classify this as.

(by "whatever THIS is" I mean "Could somebody please tell me what you would call this stuff?")

haha, so it seems. Im kinda glad it is , i was feeling claustrophobic
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
I dunno I like Lamb Of God, Job For A Cowboy and Mastodon but I also like Miley Cyrus, Lil Wayne, Cream, NWA, Rise Against and stuff like that.
When I first joined UG, my whole musical life revolved around metal, rarely branching out.

Now my favorite bands consist of every genre. And when I say every genre, I mean it.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
No, but i do like it, while i try not to settle into one genre too much, my main foundation is just rock or hard rock, there are alot of subgenres in there and i find it really fun to play.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
My favourite genre is whatever sounds good.
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.
Really as metal as I get is Metallica. I listen to more classic/hard rock, blues and jazz.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
metal isnt my favorite genre though i have nothing against it (mainly because i dont wanna get flamed)
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I personally Cannot stand Metal. I do have great respect for the talent of musicians who can play it well(the few of them), but it seems as if every 13 year old with a guitar is in a metal (and I use that term loosely) band.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
i like it a lot, but i have a wide musical taste. Rock is probably my favorite
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
no. i don't like metal.
blues, funk and rock are teh way to go.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I like it alot but I have no favorite genre.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
As I write this, my favorite genre is metal. But I listen to Classic rock, blues and jazz also. For most of my life it was Classic rock.
Quote by Git-fidle9

I recommend power metal

I listen to quite a few genres, it just so happens that metal is my favourite
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Metal is my favorite genre, but I also like a lot of other stuff too.

I guess so many people on UG like metal because metal is so guitar-centric.
I only like select subgenres like Prog/Tech Death, Sludge, Stoner, and sometimes thrash. And even in those genres, the good bands are few and far between.

I don`t like any other metal, especially power/melodic death. Ick.

EDIT: Reviewing a bit, it's pretty weird how I like more "melodic" death metal bands like Death, Cynic, and Opeth, but I don't really like any bands under the melodic death metal genre.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Sep 2, 2009,
I equally embrace all forms of rock music.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Ironically no, it isn't.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart