Page 1 of 2

This bad boy is even raked a little bit to offer some more comfort and the ability to pretty much hide the patch cables behind the wood.

EDIT: By popular demand

And just to answer some questions. It looks like some of the pedals have two inputs and outputs linked together because if you shove the patch cable under that board (to make it neater) and push the pedals towards each other you'll notice that with certain brands of patch cable that you can make a very tight connection no wider than the actual jack of the cable.

I get the power to the board from a boss PSA 9v adapter that is fed into my korg ptichblack and is daisy chained from there into each of the pedals. There are an extra 3 connectors to the daisy chain that are electrical tapped to the back waiting to be used.

TL;DR
Daisy chain on top, single patch cables with pedals forced closer, velcro to keep pedals attached.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Sep 3, 2009,
thats awesome

how long did it take you?
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Took a total of 30 minutes. There's no reason anybody shouldn't have a pedal board. This was the easiest build I've ever done and not only does it keep things organized and packed tight but it makes for easier transportation.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
i might actually do this since i have some wood from desk lol
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Will you post some instructions and materials needed for this please? It would be REALLY helpful.
yes. could you post how to make this?
instructions or something. or pm them to me. i would like to make one of these things for fun lol. then i might buy some pedals.
Classical Guitarist
its not hard guys..

just a few boards longways and a board every foot or 2 for support going vertical. you could make it out of pine

edit: congrats on the economy pedalboard. looks neat. i might try something like this after i move
Nice man, I might have to try this once I get enough pedals
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blandguitar
its not hard guys..

just a few boards longways and a board every foot or 2 for support going vertical. you could make it out of pine

Well obviously... but I want to know what the chords are connecting the pedals together, and to the power supply. I also want to know what holds the pedals to the boards...
Quote by odstwarhead
Well obviously... but I want to know what the chords are connecting the pedals together, and to the power supply. I also want to know what holds the pedals to the boards...

first part, probably just short patch cables. second is probably a daisy chain or two, and lastly, velcro is what most people use. am i right TS?
Quote by blandguitar
first part, probably just short patch cables. second is probably a daisy chain or two, and lastly, velcro is what most people use. am i right TS?

Thank god for you, Jared. Half this thread was about to get a huge face palm until you showed up.
Quote by Schism1985
... what?

Dude all it is is 2 long pieces of lumber screwed onto 2 wedges of wood. It's really not that complicated.

Did you read my post you quoted at all?

I was simply asking what you should do if each individual pedal you are using has only 1 Output Jack and 1 Input Jack... as in the picture the OP has 2 Input Jacks, and 2 Output Jacksn on each individual pedal....
Quote by Schism1985
Thank god for you, Jared. Half this thread was about to get a huge face palm until you showed up.

you sir. are ****ing sigged that almost made me LOL
Quote by Schism1985
Damn that's twice in one night! I'm on a roll

like hot ****ing butter

TS, what wood DID you use? pine? i'm assuming as pine is like 3 dollars for a 6' 2X4

edit: warhead, it's a looping thing i believe you dont have to us all 4 jacks. i usually only use 2. i've never spent the time to learn the aux parts yet.
Last edited by blandguitar at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by odstwarhead

I was simply asking what you should do if each individual pedal you are using has only 1 Output Jack and 1 Input Jack... as in the picture the OP has 2 Input Jacks, and 2 Output Jacksn on each individual pedal....

You don't run each pedal out separately. You link them through each other, then run the last one to the amplifier.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by odstwarhead

There are not 2 inputs and 2 outputs. The two ends of the plugs are just really close. It looks like there are tw0, but one is the output from the previous pedal, and the other is the input to the next pedal.

The wire running at the top is the power supply.
Last edited by end_citizen at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by bv310
You don't run each pedal out separately. You link them through each other, then run the last one to the amplifier.

^ Exactly.

sorry about misreading your post, odstwarhead, I was just a little confused about why you were having so many questions about something as simple as a pedal board.
i need to make something like this, right now my pedals just sit on the ground and move all over the place. nice, easy solution.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by sesstreets
Took a total of 30 minutes. There's no reason anybody shouldn't have a pedal board. This was the easiest build I've ever done and not only does it keep things organized and packed tight but it makes for easier transportation.

this is a brilliant idea, and something that i really need. unfortunately, psychology currently owns my soul (and my time), so a project like this will have to wait, but this is definitely going on the list as a Christmas project.

EDIT: by the way, i know this sounds stupid with a design so simple, but could you possibly take some more detailed pictures and give a brief description of how you put it together? I'm putting this link on my calender for December so that i'll remember to do this lol

EDITEDIT: yea, i know that i'm stupid wanting pics and stuff, but i'm very visual and very bad at putting things together correctly.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Sep 2, 2009,
I didn't think this would need planning but sure, I'm whipping up something in photoshop as we speak.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Bump. I fixed everything, and put it in a nice easy to read format.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
That's the exact setup I'd have except I'd mod the flanger to be momentary on and there's no OD.

Nice board. Looks real simple.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I had a ts9 and my bad horise is stuck on permanent ON mode (gonna have to add a momentary dpdt switch to the base).

I used to have about 8 pedals, but I didn't use the phaser or the eq I had, and at one point I had a MD2 and a MT2 which both got sold when I got my first real amp.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
If only I had any money to buy more pedals with lol. All I have at the moment is a Crybaby. I had to blow money I was saving for gear on parts to save my pc. But when I do have more pedals, I will surely look into this.
Quote by mikeyElite
i need to make something like this, right now my pedals just sit on the ground and move all over the place. nice, easy solution.

Thats what I did.
I used a board, some felt, and two smaller pieces of wood, and TA-DA!
A pedal board (sort of)
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Spread the word! lol easiest pedal board in the world to build.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets

What if I don't have any pedals? Should I have a pedal board?
There be no shelter here.
Quote by courtkid1012
What if I don't have any pedals? Should I have a pedal board?

the only reason you would need a pedal board would be to organize/power pedals. a pedal board is basically a completely non-essential tool, but certainly useful...only if you have pedals.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
the only reason you would need a pedal board would be to organize/power pedals. a pedal board is basically a completely non-essential tool, but certainly useful...only if you have pedals.

I don't think you caught his sarcasticness (Yes, I know sacrasticness in't a word...)
Is it because you couldn't think of sarcasm?
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by odstwarhead
Sadly, it is.

...i was hoping that it wasn't sarcasm...because it wasn't funny. imo.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^ lol. It's hard to be sarcastic with just text without sounding like a gargantuan penis.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^Truth
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Spread the word! lol easiest pedal board in the world to build.

the only way this could be easier is if it was just one single wood board. no need for cutting or screws to hold it together.
Page 1 of 2