I want to add some new Pickups into my Gibson Explorer (either EMGs, Duncan Invaders or Warpigs).

But people are always telling me "Oh yeah dont ruin the worth of the guitar by replacing the stupid pickups" but I have tried guitars with all three different pickups and yes it does matter to me. Because the Humbuckers on it now are too bluesy.

So should I? I know it's my choice. But I want to see what you guys think.

And I am not going to buy a new guitar. I love this one, its got great action, great tone but it would be better with the new pickups. Its also the Gibson Gothic Explorer.

THanks!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
I find the stock pups anything but bluesy.

What amp do you have?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Go ahead and put some new ones in. I don't think anything can ever be too "bluesy", but if you're trying to achieve a particular tone, it might help. Your rig setup is another factor. I'd try it. If you aren't sold on it, you can always put the stock ones back in.

Cheers!
Replace them if you want, but forget EMG's, they're active and I'm pretty sure you won't feel comfortable routing in your guitar, as most people won't. Wouldn't recommend the Invaders though. They're in my friend's Synyster Custom, and IMO, there are a lot better pickups for the price. I'd recommend getting any of the Bareknuckle pickups. They're all really awesome.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
If it was a regular Gibson Explorer I'd say go for it but the Gibson Gothic Explorers were only made a short time and alot of people put EMG's in them. So one that's still got the original wiring could be worth some money in the future. It should have a Gibson 500T in the bridge position and that's the hottest pickup Gibson makes. I have one in my Gibson Flying V and I don't find it bluesy at all.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Replace them if you want, but forget EMG's, they're active and I'm pretty sure you won't feel comfortable routing in your guitar, as most people won't. Wouldn't recommend the Invaders though. They're in my friend's Synyster Custom, and IMO, there are a lot better pickups for the price. I'd recommend getting any of the Bareknuckle pickups. They're all really awesome.

He wouldn't have to do any routing at all to install EMG's in an Explorer. I have them in both of my Epi Explorers. I've done the 18v mod on both of them and 2 9v batteries will fit in the control cavity and the pickups will fit any standard humbucker routing. Here's a pic to prove it.
I have a crappy little 15 Watt Fender....

Yes I could see this as the Problem but I have been looking for a new amp for 2 years and I cannot ****ing decide on an amp. Most are so expensive and I am scared that if I buy one that I liked at the store, and I bring it home, I wont will SOMEHOW regret it.

So, I am looking just for a sweet combo amp for Technical Death Metal to get a nice sound out. Any thing that comes to mind would really help.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by Cowslayer
But people are always telling me "Oh yeah dont ruin the worth of the guitar by replacing the stupid pickups"

lol, noobs

go for it anyway, im sure it will sound better in the end... tho if you dont have a good amp... well there wont be to much differance...

edit. get a new amp first.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Alright!

I shall get my **** together and find a job!

A new amp is what I will get and Goddammit it's gonna be brutal!

I'm gonna go pick a fight! See Ya Later!!!
Quote by MuffinMan

Quote by Kensai
Anyway, I suggest an Ampeg VH-140c (solid state br00talz). It's like a Roland JC-120 with a gain channel with enough gain to sear your face off.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Cowslayer
Alright!

I shall get my **** together and find a job!

A new amp is what I will get and Goddammit it's gonna be brutal!

I'm gonna go pick a fight! See Ya Later!!!

get a blackheart little giant amp
i love them
but it depends on your style
good luck on your journey!!!
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
If you still want new pickups after getting the amp, go for it.

Keep the old ones and their controls, and you can always switch back if you need to. Do clean soldering and there's a chance that no one would ever be able to tell the stock configuration had changed.
I have Warpigs in my Explorer and it sounds fantastic!
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Proud owner of a GMW Polka Dot V.

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
^Dude, you bumped a 3 week old thread where the TS already decided not to do a pickup swap, to say that?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.