Went to guitar center and fiddled with some amps. Found a spider 3 and plugged a jazzmaster in it. Sounded amazing. I can hear the digitalness with the distortion but I thought the reverb clean channel was amazing. Is it really such a bad deal?
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
Went to guitar center and fiddled with some amps. Found a spider 3 and plugged a jazzmaster in it. Sounded amazing. I can hear the digitalness with the distortion but I thought the reverb clean channel was amazing. Is it really such a bad deal?

Ive played one and i agree the cleans are decent, but i really had to roll back the tone knob to make it bearable. (I think i was using a mim strat not sure though.)
for the price its not the worst thing in the world, but theres much better stuff for the price
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
It's okay if you just want a practice amp and you don't want to turn the knob up too much, cause then it starts getting horrible
yeah, as a low volume practice amp, and nothing more
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
You can get the Bugera V55 head for $350, which is probably the best high powered clean amp for less than $400 brand new.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I totally agree about the cleans, I mean, I used one during a gig, for cleans to kind of mellow out the scene, and it sounded pretty great. I actually looked at and considered the new spider IV's that are coming out because I was so impressed with the clean sound. But then I found the new line of Bugera's that are coming out
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Depends on how much you use distortion. But you're going to get very tired of the digital sound very soon I'd say.
If you just looking for a ncie clean sound try the bugera v5. 5 watt tube, headphones, attenutator, reverb. only 150.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
wow, it looks like UG is very supportive of the new Bugeras. I'm really excited for them!
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
its not a terrible amp but if you want a good digital amplifier for around that price do the peavey vypyr amps. They have more effects and sound WAY better.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
As a Spider III owner I can say that the Green Clean Channel is rather nice, but you will have to fiddle with the channel Volume and get it set right, as it stock setting is way to low. The EQ is flat on the stock, I believe, so take some time to dial in that killer clean midrange.

All in all, my Spider 75 serves me great as a band practice amp. It just sits there in the rehersal room/(aka garage) and collects real spiders and dust until I blast it.

I will be honest here, however. It was a gift, and I doubt highly that I would have bought it for the price that it was bought for. Its does just fine for recording cleans, you can go to my profile and listen to the song "Glass Houses", that was cut on a mic'd spider III. (standard tuning, capod on the 4th - just for reference).

If you can get your hands on a 75 for 100 or less and need a beater/practice amp, it should do you just fine.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
There are many other amps that are better for the same money.
Made in Detroit
Guitars, Guns, Cars, Beer, and Women... This is what makes real men happy.
wow no flamage! i'm confused!

good cleans, the other channels are more or less useless and very buzzy. if you want something with some grunge, run a distortion pedal through the clean channel, or buy something else.

nuff said
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been